HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

a neutral tells it how it is

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 27 Jun 2011, 08:26:20 pm
Never made the game yesterday. Was it really so bad that the main talking points are things that have nowt to do with rugby. Its over move on hopefully we will get the opportunity to beat them again in the play off final
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 28 Jun 2011, 12:01:49 am
Personally I was disgusted by the morons (our own I may add) who were singing about "shooting the Town scum", particularly with what happened here 12 months ago.
[/quote

like also stated on another topic, tommy*** please change your name as i am sure this will be offending ppl, see ya caught ya sell out now avent ya,

plz think b4 posting

I agree, that song has been around well before the events of last year... i joined in that song and to be honest i didnt think anything of it, i can now see were some people might be coming from... but like someone else said loads of songs would be banned if that was the case, i dont see why we should change any songs, im sure no-one meant any bad to the cumbrian shootings and i bet everyone singing it was showing thier respects at the testimonial.....
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 28 Jun 2011, 05:58:23 am
my point being keith thats its ok for you lot to smooth over stuff when its suits the ged incident wasnt any different in fact it was blown out of all proportion, as the pedley incident is much worse indecent exposure carn,t be condoned in any form.the rfl only investigated because they were informed by the barra fan who wanted ged hung drawn and quartered.its a rule for one and not for others with you lot 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 28 Jun 2011, 09:20:11 am
recre, I've never been in favour of bonus points.   If you go back far enough on this forum you will see many an argument by me against them.   The point I am making is that that is the system we all play under in this league so it is no good using the fact that a team with 5 bonus points is stopping you from being 2nd in the league as the original post stated.

You get bonus points for getting beat by 12 or less points and obviously if you don't lose many games you don't pick up many bonus points.   

Keith, I do know how the bonus point system works, it's quite simple, so you don't have to patronise me and try to explain it. I asked a question of you as regards whether you favour it or not. Nothing else. If you look at my post, Town were NEVER mentioned. I said forget about who has gained most from it, do you agree with it. It just appears that whenever ANYONE has anything to say on this forum that may even slightly appear anti Town you jump in with both feet. You say that you're against bonus points, yet the tone of your posts are trying your hardest to justify Town being second in the league due to them, you have a go at people whenever they do something similar but to me it appears you're trying to have your cake and eat it. I know they're the rules we play under and you've just got to get on with it, doesn't mean to say that we've got to agree with everything thats thrown at us.

Offline IWUZTHERE

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 28 Jun 2011, 09:30:24 am
recre, I've never been in favour of bonus points.   If you go back far enough on this forum you will see many an argument by me against them.   The point I am making is that that is the system we all play under in this league so it is no good using the fact that a team with 5 bonus points is stopping you from being 2nd in the league as the original post stated.

You get bonus points for getting beat by 12 or less points and obviously if you don't lose many games you don't pick up many bonus points.   

Keith, I do know how the bonus point system works, it's quite simple, so you don't have to patronise me and try to explain it. I asked a question of you as regards whether you favour it or not. Nothing else. If you look at my post, Town were NEVER mentioned. I said forget about who has gained most from it, do you agree with it. It just appears that whenever ANYONE has anything to say on this forum that may even slightly appear anti Town you jump in with both feet. You say that you're against bonus points, yet the tone of your posts are trying your hardest to justify Town being second in the league due to them, you have a go at people whenever they do something similar but to me it appears you're trying to have your cake and eat it. I know they're the rules we play under and you've just got to get on with it, doesn't mean to say that we've got to agree with everything thats thrown at us.
recre marra but keith doesn't like cake he's jam sarnie fan.now settle down keith or i'll set me marra from cockermouth on yer. :D

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 28 Jun 2011, 10:01:34 am

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 28 Jun 2011, 05:14:42 pm
recre, I've never been in favour of bonus points.   If you go back far enough on this forum you will see many an argument by me against them.    The point I am making is that that is the system we all play under in this league so it is no good using the fact that a team with 5 bonus points is stopping you from being 2nd in the league as the original post stated.

recre, which part of my answer, that I have highlighted in bold, do you not understand?   Also the part of my answer that I have underlined is in response to the original post in this thread, where Town are mentioned, not yours.   No patronising implied or intended.   Town are second in the league because they have picked up 5 bonus points and Haven were deducted 9 points.   Those are the facts and until the RFL do away with the bonus points we have to put up with it whether we like it or not.  That's all, I'm saying.   Looks a nice cake that, mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 29 Jun 2011, 11:06:00 am
recre, I've never been in favour of bonus points.   If you go back far enough on this forum you will see many an argument by me against them.    The point I am making is that that is the system we all play under in this league so it is no good using the fact that a team with 5 bonus points is stopping you from being 2nd in the league as the original post stated.

recre, which part of my answer, that I have highlighted in bold, do you not understand?   Also the part of my answer that I have underlined is in response to the original post in this thread, where Town are mentioned, not yours.   No patronising implied or intended.   Town are second in the league because they have picked up 5 bonus points and Haven were deducted 9 points.   Those are the facts and until the RFL do away with the bonus points we have to put up with it whether we like it or not.  That's all, I'm saying.   Looks a nice cake that, mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Keith where did I say that I didn't understand your answer? (I did understand that answer. I did state that you seem to be defending the bonus point system from the tone of your posts just because Town have got 5 of them)
The original post on this thread NEVER mentions Town. You once again read things that you want to see on this board about being anti Town and nothing else. We aren't 2nd just because Town have 5 bonus points, Keighley have managed 4 and are above us as well.
By the way hope you enjoyed the cake.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 29 Jun 2011, 05:43:31 pm
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 01 Jul 2011, 12:55:24 pm
You all talk about peds getting banned, how about Superstar Calvert who gave the town fans the finger, oh but he's a haven player so it dosent count does it? As for you's being 2nd then stuff the bonus points how about if you's stuck to the rules and werent deducted 9 points you would gave it in the bag already. You can put your silver polish away for another season as I'm sure you won't be needing it, must be at least 30 years out of date by now

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #40 on: 01 Jul 2011, 01:02:48 pm
You all talk about peds getting banned, how about Superstar Calvert who gave the town fans the finger, oh but he's a haven player so it dosent count does it? As for you's being 2nd then stuff the bonus points how about if you's stuck to the rules and werent deducted 9 points you would gave it in the bag already. You can put your silver polish away for another season as I'm sure you won't be needing it, must be at least 30 years out of date by now

I've never agreed with the bonus point, ever since it was made. If Super League were going to use it, they would have done by now.
I'm not really bothered about the Town team (unless were playing them, no offence), I'm more bothered about my own team. Every topic on this forum is being turned into a slanging match with each other which is just daft, but rather amusing at times.

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 01 Jul 2011, 01:54:44 pm
time to lock the post as its again getting embarrassing for us adults?

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #42 on: 01 Jul 2011, 02:15:27 pm
get over it wonky you got beat and still havnt beat us in the league for years. any fines will be dealt with in house you lot didnt carry on when you beat us down here did you just live with it and let it go. lets see if you can bounce back on sunday
born and bred haven.