HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Challenge Cup 4th Round Draw

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2007, 09:47:27 pm
fairpoint lad, hope you can pull a big one in the next round as i cant see you losing to halifax  but  its the luck of the draw. although the less teams in the hat the more chance of a big gun. with tonights draw there will still be a lot of big guns in the next round as they'ev very much avoided each other. as a townie i'm happy with tonights draw.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:06:14 pm
rochdale-celtic
keighley-oldham
dews-sheffield
swinton-barrow

providing we beat fax i'd preffer to miss the big guns next round an get anyone of these 8 home or away............home
then bring on a big un in last 8......we can only dream  ;D

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:37:04 pm
now that would be nice! yeah we can only dream!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 13 Mar 2007, 02:15:30 am
they recon they will win comfortably  up here they say we havent a chance and saying our historic town is a hell hole and a dump

surley that cant be true :D :D :D

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 13 Mar 2007, 10:49:16 am
This is the difference between our two clubs. Workingtons sum ambition is to earn a few quid from a SL team game, whereas Whitehaven are looking to go as far as posible in the competition including feeling quietly confident about a SL team coming to Whitehaven etal St Helens not so long ago.
 this is why i dont go to watch Workington play when Whitehaven are away from home anymore, no ambition, no idea, no clue and a waste of money. when i pay money to be entertained i expect exactly that ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2007, 06:42:38 pm
another classic quote from a town fan on front of nites paper(a mass exodus of town fans ,thousands of town fans )ha ha ha ha ha, oh sorry could,nt stop. travelling to leeds !!!!!ged  saying last one out put the lights out :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2007, 04:07:19 pm
I cant see many leeds fans paying full price to watch them hammer town id say about 3500 4000 top, Enough about town what a fantastic chance this is for us to go on a good cup run bring it on!

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2007, 06:16:19 pm
i'l bow out of this thread  now i dont want a -my teams better than yours theme - (there isnt an argument there at this point in time)  the point i'm making is that the cc is all about making money for town haven and barrow so its a good draw for town even with a thumping as haven fans predict. i'ev no doubt haven would get a good thumping at leeds if they went there but i'm sure the few quid in the back pocket would please your BOD. you needent bother replying to me as i wont be back. just remrmber what the cups about for us cumbrian clubs, none of us have a cat in hells chance of seriously progressing as in genral in cumbria we are a million miles behind super league  bye.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2007, 06:37:39 pm
Town??? Who?? They don't exist? Are they?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2007, 07:02:03 pm
heard today from a town director leeds are giving town a cheque for ?40.000 next week in lieu of there cup tie,possiblity leeds have bumped this figure up due to the fact that its switched to a friday nite
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2007, 04:05:22 pm
If they have i say well done leeds! i hope other sl clubs would do the same for a nl club! im sure we would appreciate 40k it would put a big dent in the 90 needed for stand!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 26 Mar 2007, 01:04:05 am
even if we had tripple the money needed for the stand theres no way we would get it built and iv started to realise theres no ambition at haven when we whent to those gf all i heard from town fans is that our bod make out they want to get to sl but deep down our players are **** scared to go there and with the trouble wid the stand and poor facilities at the rec i kinda beleieve em now to be honest

NOTHING GOOD IS GONNA HAPPEN AT HAVEN IN THE FUTURE WE ARE AS FAR AS WE CAN GO

OR ARE WE

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 26 Mar 2007, 09:42:32 am
yer true marra just seems to be blamen one another to who,s holding back and its out of our hands, it meby is a long process but the doors will be shut in a couple of seasons its not the time to hang about realy.
But what will happen will happen ::)