HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

team for barrow on friday

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 12 Mar 2007, 08:59:27 pm
assuming no major knocks from yesterday............

i would pick the following team

1 broadbent
 2 lebbon
 3 mccavoy
 4 jackson r
 5 maden
 6 joe
 7 duffy
 8 trindall
 9 mattinson
10 teare
11 miller
12 fletcher
13 smith

14 jackson m
15 hill
16 sice
17 rudd
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:01:15 pm
1 broadbent
2 lebbon
3 mcavoy
4 r jackson
5 maden
6 mattinson
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 sice
10 teare
11 miller
12 fletcher
13 aaron smith

14 chris smith
15 hill
16 m jackson
17 ford

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:12:12 pm
same team again for me.there are changes i'd like to see but at the minute if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2007, 12:52:32 am
no calvert ???????? why lol

havenchamps2005

Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2007, 01:25:21 am
because lebbon deserves a chance

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2007, 08:50:01 am
Only 2 changes from Donny match, would replace Joe with Lester. Also would drop Jacko, had a few bad games this season and replace him with Ford.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2007, 02:59:32 pm
why does he deserve a chance what about derrie
and the rest of the lads like fordy ?

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2007, 03:59:07 pm
to be honest id stick with the same 17 that have won the last two matches, they are playing well and like hensigham boy you dont't fix something that isn't broke

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2007, 04:17:21 pm
derrie had his chance and ive said before this lad isnt good enough

fordy does deserve a chance as does chris smith

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2007, 06:23:34 pm
dont you mean daniel smith and same team for me no changes best team avilable

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2007, 06:54:17 pm
no i mean chris smith as he was the best player on the field for the haven academy last week and from reading reports on kells u18s he has been awesome all season give the lad a chance he can play 6 7 or 9

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2007, 08:45:24 pm
I would be very surprised if DR makes any changes unless forced through injury, we are now knocking on the door of the season proper and a tricky ccc round 4 game, he will be looking for continuity in HIS Side! and keep up the winning which builds confidence, the U21 will provide all the others with matches to impress DR and Peter Smith and means when an injury comes along or any player shows a drop in form then their chance will come to step in.
We all have our opinions on who should be playing and who not but lets all remember its not us who pick the team and never will be unless some of you are qualified coaches hiding under alias's ?, I like most people think we need a Experienced Stand Off and I'm not knocking Carl Rudd but some of the names you guys are talking about (Chris Smith, Craig McAvoy et al ) are not experienced and are a long time of being called that and before you all start they are no way near good enough to play First Team in NL1, i am sure that if the right Half Back/Stand off comes available the BOD will make every effort to sign him, look at Fletcher as a signing, so lets keep the faith, and keep the debates realistic and not in once upon a dream land

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2007, 08:56:38 pm
I would be very surprised if DR makes any changes unless forced through injury, we are now knocking on the door of the season proper and a tricky ccc round 4 game, he will be looking for continuity in HIS Side! and keep up the winning which builds confidence, the U21 will provide all the others with matches to impress DR and Peter Smith and means when an injury comes along or any player shows a drop in form then their chance will come to step in.
We all have our opinions on who should be playing and who not but lets all remember its not us who pick the team and never will be unless some of you are qualified coaches hiding under alias's ?, I like most people think we need a Experienced Stand Off and I'm not knocking Carl Rudd but some of the names you guys are talking about (Chris Smith, Craig McAvoy et al ) are not experienced and are a long time of being called that and before you all start they are no way near good enough to play First Team in NL1, i am sure that if the right Half Back/Stand off comes available the BOD will make every effort to sign him, look at Fletcher as a signing, so lets keep the faith, and keep the debates realistic and not in once upon a dream land

best post on this site for a long time
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2007, 08:56:28 pm
We all have our opinions on who should be playing and who not but lets all remember its not us who pick the team and never will be unless some of you are qualified coaches hiding under alias's ?,

best post on this site for a long time

so, what is the point of having the topic of fans picking their team for matches, if you are just gonna shoot them down?
we all know we arent qualified coaches and wont get the chance to pick the team, but it makes for good debate when getting the chance
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:59:01 am
I agree it does make for good debate as we all have different opinions of players, no matter what team we pick other people are going to put other players in as they think other players are better than the ones picked in someone else's line up. Yes we aren't coaches but we can still have a laugh and say what team we want to play and have a little banter.