HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

john lebbon

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 14 Mar 2007, 07:09:42 pm
I think Matty is a good player and we should keep him, excellent tackler!

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:15:27 am
Yeah matty is a good tackler but his passing is awful he can't break and hasn't really done much to improve us i think he would do better playing in the under 21's for a bit.

newton

Reply #32 on: 15 Mar 2007, 02:22:33 pm
why is it that calvert rudd eilbeck and now matty are always getting slagged off on this forum.whos next scott teare cuase he is the last of wath brows players to sign.is it a case of "lets insult the brow lads.ryan do you play the game at all. matty and eilbect in the u21s give us a break you daft lad . if i was oneof them players i  would be discused with some of the things said here sometimes.do you know the committment they make ,with training ete, alright so they get paid , but not to take the s!!!t you read on here.if i was calverti would'nt pull a whitehaven shirt on , and no its not friendly banter to these lads its very personnel to read stuff like that about yourself ThINK BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 15 Mar 2007, 02:38:24 pm
ok so tell me if matty and eilbeck don't get picked then where are they going to play, i have an opinion on a player and i will let people know what i think of that player and to me matty hasn't really improved the team. Not everyone can play newton so what would you do with the players that dont play would you not give them a match in the under 21's or would you leaver them out all together. I don,t mean to offend anyone but on a forum i thought you were allowed to have an opinion and to have someone call me an idiot for having my opinion i dont like. Only 17 players can play for the first team so what are the rest of them going to do they just cant stop playing if there not in the first team thats why i said about putting them in the under 21's i know its not the same but it gives them match fitness and match time.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2007, 02:49:45 pm by Ryan »

havenchamps2005

Reply #34 on: 15 Mar 2007, 02:52:45 pm
derrie isnt/ wont improve are squad

rob jackson
mcavoy
maden
seeds
calvert
lebbon

are all better than derrie simple as

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 15 Mar 2007, 03:50:05 pm
matty is an exellant player he makes loads of breaks he sets up more tries that sicey i think sicey should start then put matty on he would make miles more breaks when defenses are tiring

newton

Reply #36 on: 15 Mar 2007, 04:04:34 pm
nobody called you an idiot but you  go on and on about matty , yet put him in your 17 ,and i think your wrong to say he dos'nt improve the team when he can pass the best long ball in the side ,and tackling has got the best technic in the side . i could say  about siceys inability to play  nothing but individual football.on sunday everything he did was for his self and not the teamwho do play for ryan

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 15 Mar 2007, 07:08:09 pm
why is it that calvert rudd eilbeck and now matty are always getting slagged off on this forum.whos next scott teare cuase he is the last of wath brows players to sign.is it a case of "lets insult the brow lads.ryan do you play the game at all. matty and eilbect in the u21s give us a break you daft lad . if i was oneof them players i  would be discused with some of the things said here sometimes.do you know the committment they make ,with training ete, alright so they get paid , but not to take the s!!!t you read on here.if i was calverti would'nt pull a whitehaven shirt on , and no its not friendly banter to these lads its very personnel to read stuff like that about yourself ThINK BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS

i dont believe anyone has written anything regarding any player that is personal, all that has been written is opinions about them as rl players, they should be able to take that criticism, as i'm sure they take the praise they also receive, anyone who posts personal insluts or attacks or any player should be banned from this site,
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

havenchamps2005

Reply #38 on: 15 Mar 2007, 07:29:25 pm
newton john duffy can pass a longer ball than matty and duffy is the best passer at the club
and i think the bull has the best tackling technique at the club
maybe sice does play for himself but if he didnt how many tries would be scored down the middle 70-80% less than there is now sice is probably are best attacking option

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 15 Mar 2007, 08:15:47 pm
craig is a better winger full stop if lebbon was that good he would be in the team but he isnt so stop nit picking

That is your opinion, not everybodys so why say hes better fullstop.
FWIW, Calvert has speed but no rugby brain, Lebbon is an all round rugby player i know who i would rather play but its not down to me its down to DR.
How old are you all ? Because you are all behaving like 12 year olds

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 16 Mar 2007, 04:14:11 pm
Well who would you have instead of matty in your 17 if he hasnt improved the team?? I would start sicey and have matty off the bench! smith at loose forward there sorted! but again it aint up to us to pick the team, so lets let DR get on with that and we will get behind them who ever he picks!
Yeah matty is a good tackler but his passing is awful he can't break and hasn't really done much to improve us i think he would do better playing in the under 21's for a bit.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 16 Mar 2007, 11:52:35 pm
if lebbon was better he would be in the team and it doesnt matter wether im 15 or 50 my opinion counts just as much as yours