HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

calvert!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
on: 14 Mar 2007, 01:30:08 am
people say he is a crab he only goes side ways! but with him being light in weigh would have more chance of being put in touch!

now if he went down the wing and got tackled into touch you would say why didnt u come inside! when he comes inside u say why didnt u got forward!

people are bored and nit picking at nothing!

his try scoring record speaks for himself! give the lad a rest!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 10:54:47 am
Well said, Rob.
El Tel.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2007, 02:57:26 pm
another thing people dont relise is that he is told by dr to get to the middle of the field not to run straight the game plan is to get to the middle of the pitch people should lay off craig hes been great for whitehaven

Tommy43

Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2007, 05:10:11 pm
another thing people dont relise is that he is told by dr to get to the middle of the field not to run straight the game plan is to get to the middle of the pitch people should lay off craig hes been great for whitehaven

How do you know this is what he is told to do? Does DR discuss tactics with you?

Monte2carlo

Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2007, 05:56:46 pm
maybe the fans need to start shouting this way Craig and stop whn he is over the try line, or run craig run when a player gets close to him

He'll be going on a coast to coast run next or muttering that lifes like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get next

Monte

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2007, 03:53:23 pm
lets just say i know a few things also i know what we will get another 25 tries from craig or there abouts ;)

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2007, 08:54:30 pm

How do you know this is what he is told to do? Does DR discuss tactics with you?
In one of the Coach's Corner articles last season Dave Rotheram said this tactic is used to allow other players to get back into an on-side position, allowing for more attacking options at subsequent plays-of-the-ball.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:03:09 pm
lets just say i know a few things also i know what we will get another 25 tries from craig or there abouts ;)

Totally  agree.  Quality  player  IMO

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2007, 11:54:49 pm
he is quality just people expect miricales from he other players make more mistakes and don't get slated half as much craig does what dr tells him in my opinion that makes him a credit to the team

Offline Agent X

• Academy Signing
  • Haven For LIFE!!!!!!!
Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2007, 11:47:56 am
i know if he runs down the side any big player could just knock him into the touch lines so he runs in tho the middle and people complain hes not making ground :P
W onderful
H aven
 I  ndistrucktable
T  riumphant   
E  xtrodinary
H  eavenly
A   ttacking
V   ictorius
E   ager
N   everending

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2007, 12:50:40 pm
billy whizz  , jason robinson always done the same but could throw the dummy very well and come off either foot. the main thing is calv is getting trys i could understand if he wasnt but he is.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2007, 04:23:39 pm
calvert is told to go to the middle so we have options on both sides . told that by a player
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2007, 01:11:53 pm
exactly

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2007, 06:01:03 pm
but why doesnt he throw a dummy like robinson did if he could he would be away! he seems content to go in make 4-5 yards get tackled go back on his wing why doesnt he throw  a dummy? try and make more yards?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 24 Mar 2007, 06:48:23 pm
Yer mate it would make him a better player if he could do that, i know he can go when theres a gap or space but to come off each foot and accelerate the way jason rob does when doin dummys is summet else.