your thoughts on swinton game

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:06:59 pm
At this we won't make the playoffs  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:58:10 pm
Well I'm pretty sure on this board after town easily beat swinton, a certain someone (I think he might be charlos mate, as he has mentioned it a couple of times) made a comment that McCormack would only think that town were the best team they had faced, until they faced haven again. Well then, what do we think now?

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2011, 08:01:49 pm
Well what can you say about that?

After over 30 years of watching Haven that has to go down as one of the 10 most awful performances that I have seen. Give respect to Swinton they played well and deserved their victory, but we were awful. Swinton were on top after about FOUR seconds when Benson dropped the kick off and they never looked back. Our defence was paper thin and our attack was totally clueless, my dead grandad has more creativity than Palfrey and Rudd. I did not have single thing to cheer all game, what a waste of an afternoon and hard earned cash.

Just to answer others comments on this thread, we will make the play-offs, but I agree that we will NOT get out of this division. If Town also fail to get promoted I can see a merger coming next year.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2011, 08:26:17 pm
If it's any consolation, that's the best we've played all season!

Your day was summed up right from the kick-off, where you knocked on, and from the resultant six we scored!

We've all have days like that, when nowt goes right!

You'll bounce back next week marras I'm sure!

Spelly of Swinton Lions!

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2011, 08:44:03 pm
Wonky I think the one who claims to be charlos mate posts as "Haven94". It will also be interesting to here his comments as he will have been at the game today.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2011, 08:46:58 pm
ooh doesn't the sunshine bring the blue bottles out.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:12:54 pm
Oh for heaven's sake..we got beat..not only beat, we were pathetic in our response. We simply did not deliver...but does that mean the end of everything?

It wasn't that long ago that I was messaging back and forth with a few Workington fans after they had suffered a painful loss telling them to keep the faith. It happens.

I'm not happy at the moment (and that is an understatement) but the good thing is that Haven is empowered to make changes. Coach Seeds has the backing of the Board for any appropriate signings he may wish to make.

We started 9 painful points down...and the team has climbed out of that abyss.

"knowitall" may be, in my opinion, never happy whilst I have influence in the Club, but I am in this with a vision. If we have to engage with another year in Championship1 I'm in...but I'm not in without the fans. You are the only reason I engaged and it is the power of Haven and its fans that will make the RFL listen.

So I'll ask you to be as determined as I am to see this through...and tell me what is your opinion of our needs on the pitch, good, bad and ugly?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:21:47 pm
Why the great suprise at todays humiliation.

Performances over the few games have been poor, and it was obvious we were on the slide. When I stated this in another thread two or three games ago I got slated.

Early in the season, with a team not much different to this we were doing well, and to the suprise of many, winning away games.

Now I wouldn't back us to beat anyone away, even the London outfit.

So what changed at the player level ?

Early on they played for the club, the shirt, each other and pride.

Why ?

Because, coming off the disaster of last season and the rise of a new club, new owners, appointment of a new BOD and a likeable local coach then everyone was in it together with something to prove.

Now ?

It's nearly all gone, no pride, no desire, no effort and no hope now going forward.

We will win one more game all season .......Gateshead.

As I said weeks ago..........we are a shot bolt !!!

God knows where we go from here !!!!!!
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2011, 09:23:25 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:22:17 pm
So I'll ask you to be as determined as I am to see this through...and tell me what is your opinion of our needs on the pitch, good, bad and ugly?

Hi Mrs J.D,

Opinions on the game, the squad, the team and individual players are available in spades throughout this forum. I think to conciously invite opinions from fans as a 'consultation exercise' may do little except undermine the position of the coaching staff.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:24:51 pm
a scrum half who can make the initial break, lead the team around the field and have the opposition on the back foot when we are attacking with different ideas either with ball in hand or to boot also a rough *rsed prop who takes two or three opposing forwards to try and stop and can dish it out legally.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:32:08 pm
JD... as has been the case all season, we need creativity in the half backs. It's been obvious all year that the forwards are out gunned but even so put it all in despite getting a hiding.

We get to the line, where the half backs must make it happen and what..............clueless. Slow predictable plays, no penetration and loads of wasted opportunities.

We need half backs who are experienced and creative and more forward power. The likes of Isaka and Culnean and the rest of the forwards are worth their weight in gold, but are not able to take on the big packs we come up against for a whole game, and so loose more and more penetration as the game progresses...naturally.

So we won early in the season with similar power............yea, but see my post above.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2011, 09:39:31 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:36:37 pm
hopefully catic
You have gotta be joking break the bank for Catic !!! No way  :witch:

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:37:02 pm
harbouragrudge:

That might be true if the Coach had less than the full backing of the Board, which he absolutely has.

Supporters' opinions, with the goal of a stronger future, are never something to be feared or dismissed in my opinion.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:48:52 pm
Well said Mrs R! Come on you lot you have to support through thick and thin! ! Get behind your team and board and stop this negativity!

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:59:11 pm
Well said Mrs R! Come on you lot you have to support through thick and thin! ! Get behind your team and board and stop this negativity!
Its hard not to be downbeat after todays performance ! and ye we will all have a winge but the same fans will be there on the bus at the next game cheering us on ! :'( :'( :'(