your thoughts on swinton game

Offline Snaven170

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:15:40 pm
Cumbria 1 u speak aloud of rubbish them players are not past it one single bit,

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:18:53 pm
Todays performance was totally berift of skill, creativity and direction.

Rudd and Palfrey should be shown the door. Rudd is only there because we struggle for 1/2 backs in West Cumbria and if i was Seedsy id be ringing Alan Hunte and asking him if he was joking when he recomended Palfrey to us. Our attack close to their line was pathetic.

We have a front row of fellas who lack aggression and size ( Swintons backs were bigger than our props today). A second row/ captain who i have yet to see talking to the players on the pitch and a full back who cant junp or catch.

God knows what the Seeds, Ashe and Hewer are telling the lads to do - they dont seem to have a game plan half the time. Why have arguably the 2 best wingers / centers in the division yet constantly run it up the middle against a pack twice our size? I also didnt see one person on Dorans shoulder today. Yes Seedsy is a Haven legend but that doesnt excuse a performance like that.

What we need for the rest of the season .....

- A proper Captain who can direct motivate and enforce a gameplan on the pitch
- 2 Halfbacks who can pass, kick and take on the line and CREATE!
- 2 aggressive Props with the ability to break a tackle, make a tackle and bring the crowd to their feet. Its all well and good having mobile 'modern props' but im afraid they have little place in this league.

If i was in that squad / coaching team today id be feel both embarassed and humiliated.

There was also rumours at the match today that half the squad had been on a 4 day bender for Eilbecks stag do earlier in the week - not ideal planning for the hardest game of the season.

I cant remember the last time i was so disgusted at a performance (in fact i can the NRC final)
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2011, 10:23:22 pm by TheCollier »

Offline Kiwis And Cumbrians

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:32:09 pm
double post
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2011, 10:35:10 pm by Kiwis And Cumbrians »

Offline Kiwis And Cumbrians

• Academy Signing
Reply #33 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:34:05 pm

Cant argue with that post Collier. As for what we need for the rest of the season, well yes Im sure the coaching staff would be in agreement. Player availability and budget make this a little realistic dont you think?

Palfrey and Rudd were totally lacking in creativity and the team looked completely disorganised. Swintons defence was outstanding but we had as much possession as them in the first half and was camped on their tryline for 5 sets at the start of the game but rarely looked like scoring.

Benson set the tone by knocking on attempting a simple kick at the start of the game and then dropping under no pressure when we had them under pressure on their line with the score at 6-0.

Not convinced with Haggerty, there is a lot of work required on his game if hes going to be a worthwhile player and yeah I know hes only young. His only real contribution was breaking Watsons jaw and I would put that down to poor tackling technique.

Poor performance all round but it doesnt make us a poor squad so roll on next week and lets put things right  :nod:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 25 Jul 2011, 08:15:00 am
Wonky I think the one who claims to be charlos mate posts as "Haven94". It will also be interesting to here his comments as he will have been at the game today.
i was at the game worst haven performance for years it was really shocking no excuses. only scott mcavoy came out with any credit it got no better from when bens knocked on at start. i feel sorry for the fans that had to watch they should be given free entry this sunday :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #35 on: 25 Jul 2011, 08:25:18 am
Well I'm pretty sure on this board after town easily beat swinton, a certain someone (I think he might be charlos mate, as he has mentioned it a couple of times) made a comment that McCormack would only think that town were the best team they had faced, until they faced haven again. Well then, what do we think now?
wonky you are a muppet wont say what you really are i might get a ban :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #37 on: 25 Jul 2011, 08:42:15 am
After going to the match....

Macca and Doran were the only players breaking through the line
Attack - We didn't have any, and we had plenty of chances in the first half
Defence - Well the score speaks for itself

All credit goes to Swinton, I bet they didn't expect such an easy win, they have a great side though with big props and they have the likes of Smith, Mort, Dodd to name a few who are easily Championship Players

Let's move on to the next game....   :)

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 25 Jul 2011, 09:47:13 am
Why doesn't everyone stop all the bating. The lad's are going to being feeling pretty damn down at the moment but they need to pick themselves up. You get knocked down, you get back up again, you dust yourself off and you damn well get back in there putting the previous week behind you. It's an 'has been' now and we need to concentrate on the will be's. 

Get the fighting spirit back in you lad's.

Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 25 Jul 2011, 09:56:57 am
Why doesn't everyone stop all the bating. The lad's are going to being feeling pretty damn down at the moment but they need to pick themselves up. You get knocked down, you get back up again, you dust yourself off and you damn well get back in there putting the previous week behind you. It's an 'has been' now and we need to concentrate on the will be's. 

Get the fighting spirit back in you lad's.

Exactly marra if it wasn,t for the 9 pts we,d be 2nd now been hearing crac bout us close to signing an ex barrow player i wonder if its chris young

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2011, 09:59:36 am
The only thing we can say about that performance was that it was rubbish and very disappointing..
Imo they need a kick up the backside.
We had no creativity and no execution, it was daft plays running straight through the middle, which half the time were our wingers/centres. We need someone that is going to step up and take charge, they need to create strategies rather than just basic running the ball in as its getting us nowhere. We've got the best wingers/centres in the league so why aren't they doing something on the edge or breaking out down the pitch.
Yesterdays performance was disappointing, we need to step it up!!
We can do it, we just need the enthusiasm and the 'want' to do it!
This game is gone, nothing we can do now, wingen wont get us no where. Next week is a new game. Come on lads lets do it!x
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2011, 12:02:29 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxs6FS-KeOU&feature=player_embedded

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

markers never square and often with their back to the POTB
half arsed attempts to tackle and no trying to smother the Ball
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2011, 12:04:44 pm
i would add,we have beaten keighley away, the rest gateshead, wales,london you would expect us to win, yet any time we have played away (not town) down the motorway to a top 6 team we have been tonked, its down to attitude as much as ability
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #43 on: 25 Jul 2011, 01:52:52 pm
At the end of the match John Cox said that the Haven team had gone over to the Haven fans who were applauding them!!!   Going by remarks of those on here who were at the match - what were you applauding????
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline blonde

• Academy Signing
Reply #44 on: 25 Jul 2011, 01:53:16 pm
afraid part of the blame for this dismal perfomance must lay with the coach
his use of the bench is as bad as stokes was
Hill was brought on for the last 10 mins of the first half and taken off after 6 mins of the second half
back on for the last 15 mins
he`s a player who needs to start seedsy played with him and against him so should know he`s a backrow forward not a prop sice was similar in his game time
culnean was left on but not doing anything(lets get this sorted if a player is doing ok leave them on
if not get him off