HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Team for Gateshead

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2011, 11:27:44 am
It amazes me these people who after a bad game come forward with all these ideas about dropping X, Y and Z. Yes players had a bad game, but at the end of the day who will you replace them with? There are very few options coming from the U23's so what are we going to do?

ca28

Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2011, 11:30:39 am
Maybe get the team to start playing for the coach again.

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 27 Jul 2011, 12:55:47 pm
Benson bauer mcavoy wiper hamzhat gerrard palfrey isakka smith cullnean doran beattie ruud   sice haggerty Wilson hill
Haven Till I Die

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 27 Jul 2011, 01:29:10 pm

Beattie @ 2nd row?

Our Pack is small enough as is it is without moving a small 13 to the 2nd row.

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 27 Jul 2011, 01:39:03 pm
Beattie ain't exactly small
Haven Till I Die

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #20 on: 27 Jul 2011, 01:57:52 pm

Beattie @ 2nd row?

collier have you met any of these players or watched them as you are spouting some rubbish. go and watch a game and you may rethink ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
born and bred haven.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 27 Jul 2011, 02:04:01 pm

Beattie @ 2nd row?

collier have you met any of these players or watched them as you are spouting some rubbish. go and watch a game and you may rethink ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Over the last few day's the posts on here lead me to believe that the collier is either
a) Boxer in disguise
b) Boxer in total reverse
c) Taking the mickey cos he ain't a Haven fan as he doen't appear to watch them
d) Gets most of his idea's from listening in Cox vision

Maybe get a vote on that.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2011, 04:00:32 pm
benson has been playing OK apart from sunday. I would drop calvert for the tough games as he is not great under the high ball doesn't make many yards but saying that he still is are best finisher

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2011, 04:01:25 pm
and for the record I have never rated Spencer miller and would look to try and get a decent 2nd row

Offline Snaven170

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2011, 10:05:32 pm
U can't watch any games bobby

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 27 Jul 2011, 10:30:34 pm
bobby, Calv hasn't been used to chase anything he comes in and takes an odd ball in to give the forwards a rest or he'd not touch the ball. we haven't the power in forwards we once did so them wings should be used, if where deep in our half why not kick to the corners on say the second tackle. where doing the 5 sets getting nowhere then kicking right down there full backs throat. Maca and Doran come inside and break lines and no one there to offload to.
swinton broke the lines and there was ques for offloads

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 28 Jul 2011, 12:34:21 am
For Hamzat and Calvets pace to be used I think when we're in our own 30 we should do a kick and chase on the scrums as the fullback joins the defensive line and leaves the space open behind him with the pace we have we would score or get some good field positioning off the kicks. But thats just my opinion someone will no doubt disagree. 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 28 Jul 2011, 08:26:33 am
For Hamzat and Calvets pace to be used I think when we're in our own 30 we should do a kick and chase on the scrums as the fullback joins the defensive line and leaves the space open behind him with the pace we have we would score or get some good field positioning off the kicks. But thats just my opinion someone will no doubt disagree.

I agree. Its a great tactic but sadly 1 we hardly use. We did against Scorpions but it was a bad kick. Even if we don't get possession back fingers crossed we can still pin them on their line and put in a good set of tackles. Little chip overs are another. Swinton got 2 tries using that method. Against a poor side like Thunder now is the chance to try and be inventive and not the usual drivel we've been getting served up lately. ;)

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 28 Jul 2011, 02:58:08 pm

Beattie @ 2nd row?

Beattie is a back who has flourished @ 13.
He is not physically big enough for 2nd row (nothing to do with height).

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 28 Jul 2011, 04:51:05 pm
stick to the north pier at blackpool bobby cause you are not making anybody laugh on here with your drivell