HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Nicky Cook

Offline W,Haven lad!

• Academy Signing
on: 26 Jul 2011, 07:05:13 am
Heard a rumour at work that Nicky Cook is being released from the club!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2011, 08:03:31 pm
2 players going he,l go disington id say

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2011, 01:01:05 am
2 players going he,l go disington id say
Whos the other one?

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2011, 07:15:15 am
Scott George

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2011, 04:03:58 pm
neither have had a look in this year. I think most of the 2nd team should be released to play amateur so they can get experience and keep interested and hopefully make them better players

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2011, 08:04:42 pm
neither have had a look in this year. I think most of the 2nd team should be released to play amateur so they can get experience and keep interested and hopefully make them better players
Is there any winter amateur rugby?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2011, 08:23:40 pm
think nicky had 2 games anno 1 was at oldham

Offline W,Haven lad!

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2011, 08:58:14 pm
Yea there is a mini season from september to december then its summer rugby next year, same time as the professional season!

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2011, 10:21:33 pm

There are some lad's who 'going back to play amateur', won't do them any good at all. They need to  be in the 2nd string and are pushing for the 1st.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2011, 11:01:19 pm
If the lads are not enjoying playing in the u23s they should be released letting them return to their amateur clubs, we have to be grateful to some of these young players as on several occasions this season we wouldn't have been unable to field a team, this will have to be addressed for next season as we will be playing along side the amateurs as their season will be running along side us.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2011, 12:18:06 am
This has been on the cards since we played town away he wasn't happy back then... If he doesn't want to be here then that's up to him
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2011, 10:47:44 am
I agree. We need to get things into perspective. There are two unanswered questions. 1. Are Haven releasing them under Haven's terms & conditions. 2. Have the two lad's (George???) asked to be released because they want to go back to amateur rugby.  I heard it is the latter and if that's is what they have asked for then fair play to them and wish good luck with whatever they chose.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2011, 10:24:21 pm

There are some lad's who 'going back to play amateur', won't do them any good at all. They need to  be in the 2nd string and are pushing for the 1st.

Try telling that to Sam Tomkins Wigan sent him back to St Pats for a season didn't do him any harm

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2011, 01:47:08 pm

Try telling that to Sam Tomkins Wigan sent him back to St Pats for a season didn't do him any harm

Maybe for him to benefit from playing amateur he needs to go brow or egremont? play in the national leagues

Offline W,Haven lad!

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2011, 03:50:49 pm
Its maybe just about enjoyment for the lad. He is from distington and will probly want to play for distington, obviously he would benfit more playing for brow or e,mont though! Whatever decision best of luck to the lad.