HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Challenge Cup Semi Finals

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 06 Aug 2011, 04:26:44 pm
Am I the only person who thinks that YET AGAIN the rfl have missed a great opportunity?

2 semi finals, on the same day, in the same stadium?

would it not have been a superb day of rugby to have Leeds v Castleford at 1.30pm followed by Wigan v St Helens at 4pm in somewhere like the Reebok Stadium or Elland Road?

Surely the Halliwell Jones and Keepmoat Stadiums are a bad choice, especially when you consider Wigan v St Helens tends to attract around 20000.

Why not give the double header a go next year?

Or is that too simple?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline greenbanker

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2011, 05:37:51 pm
That means some one from the RFL as got to think  :shake:

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2011, 07:14:41 pm
The problem will be the BBC TV contract

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2011, 07:23:29 pm
The problem will be the BBC TV contract
Got to agree with you there, Lee.
The Beeb tell us when to ko as opposed to RUgger who will certainly not be pushed around and which AFC club would want two games of RL played on their pitch just as their season is ready to start?
It would have been great to have both games played at a big arena but at least the RL have kept the money in RL.
El Tel.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2011, 09:21:45 pm
Makes sense to have the games on two separate days.

Also, not a massive fan of double headers either!
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline Kellsmarra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2011, 09:56:00 pm
for me the BBC should give it up to SKY, if they can't put in on BBC HD for such a big game then they should'nt have it. they put formula 1 on HD and kids stuff on at the time when RL should get the coverage....
really p...es me off, that they class it as 2nd rate sport. :witch:

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2011, 10:44:26 pm
for me the BBC should give it up to SKY, if they can't put in on BBC HD for such a big game then they should'nt have it. they put formula 1 on HD and kids stuff on at the time when RL should get the coverage....

If u think today was bad, tomorrow Ray French will be commentating,a great bloke,but well passed it to be commentating.

HW

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2011, 12:24:19 am

If u think today was bad, tomorrow Ray French will be commentating,a great bloke,but well passed it to be commentating.

HW
have to disagree pal! like when u take murray walker away from F! he is the voive of the game and needs to stay! cant stand listening to kear!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2011, 10:27:35 am

HW
have to disagree pal! like when u take murray walker away from F! he is the voive of the game and needs to stay! cant stand listening to kear!

French should not be commentating now, he's way past his sell by date. Half the time he doesn't know the players, then he'll just drift off, as for the quote in a high pitch squeal 'He's going for that line.......' what does he think he's going for? Sometimes I wonder if the BBC keep him there just because he's done it for so long, there's far better commentators that should be given the lead role. French obviously loves the game but I don't think he should be at the forefront of a national broadcaster, he makes the sky lot look like they know whats going on  :-[

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2011, 11:25:03 am

HW

French should not be commentating now, he's way past his sell by date. Half the time he doesn't know the players, then he'll just drift off, as for the quote in a high pitch squeal 'He's going for that line.......' what does he think he's going for? Sometimes I wonder if the BBC keep him there just because he's done it for so long, there's far better commentators that should be given the lead role. French obviously loves the game but I don't think he should be at the forefront of a national broadcaster, he makes the sky lot look like they know whats going on  :-[

On sunday we had,

Carl ALBERT and Ryan McCOLDRICK!

No there are not typos thats what he said.

HW
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2011, 02:41:07 pm by HavenWarrior »