HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

trust in haven

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
on: 04 Aug 2011, 12:07:47 pm
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2011, 01:03:14 pm

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2011, 06:54:46 pm
i am sure i post on here a while back that i wont belive there is going to be a new stadium until the diggers move in. This excuse has been used for the past two-three years now.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2011, 07:18:04 pm
and the rest bud

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2011, 07:19:47 pm
Its been an ongoing saga for 6/7 years. Most fans are now getting very tired/bored with the whole affair. :(

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2011, 07:54:25 pm
according to some  of the football lads they are not bothered if the new joint stadium goes ahead or not ? 

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2011, 08:19:13 pm
according to some  of the football lads they are not bothered if the new joint stadium goes ahead or not ?
to be fair on them, they dont really need it tho do they, also they will be alot better off staying in their own stadia which the own i belive.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2011, 09:47:46 pm
whitehaven amateurs dont own the county ground.as for the ciswo dragging their heels with a new lease its pathetic are they just hanging out for more cash or what.why people say it wont happen is beyond me as it probably already 90% certain now.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2011, 09:53:54 pm
whitehaven amateurs dont own the county ground.as for the ciswo dragging their heels with a new lease its pathetic are they just hanging out for more cash or what.why people say it wont happen is beyond me as it probably already 90% certain now.
i thought they had summat like a 90 year lease? i couldbe wrong.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 04 Aug 2011, 09:58:29 pm
its the 10% that ****es people off tho choccy  :D

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2011, 10:03:08 pm
al belive it when the diggers move in.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 04 Aug 2011, 10:17:45 pm

Choccy you could well be right in what you say but if CISWO are really digging their heels in then this could end up a long drawn out affair. It might even get to the point where all parties say enough is enough and pull out. Fans have heard enough and want action not talk :( :(

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 04 Aug 2011, 10:39:52 pm
Back in 2004 I warned you all that this was not going to be easy because you are dealing with a charity and charity land.   The charity (the Miners) have to do the best they can for their charity, not Haven or the Amateurs or the bowling club.   Overseeing their every move is the CISWO who will be the recipients of any proceeds from the sale of land.   CISWO have to be guided by the Charity Commission in what they can or can't allow but at all times whatever transpires has to be in the best interests of the charity in being able to provide recreation ground and facilities for the general public.

If anyone wants to read about it try -
www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Publications/cc28.aspx#B

Remember this is all worded to protect the charity not anyone else.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 04 Aug 2011, 10:52:26 pm
Back in 2004 I warned you all that this was not going to be easy because you are dealing with a charity and charity land.   The charity (the Miners) have to do the best they can for their charity, not Haven or the Amateurs or the bowling club.   Overseeing their every move is the CISWO who will be the recipients of any proceeds from the sale of land.   CISWO have to be guided by the Charity Commission in what they can or can't allow but at all times whatever transpires has to be in the best interests of the charity in being able to provide recreation ground and facilities for the general public.

If anyone wants to read about it try -
www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Publications/cc28.aspx#B

Remember this is all worded to protect the charity not anyone else.
Under what circumstances could a compulsary purchase order be used Keith ? is it posible to end all of the delays or is the charity protected from one ?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 04 Aug 2011, 11:25:30 pm
As I understand it Iceman, the council could apply a compulsory purchase order on the charity but they would still have to pay the going rate for the land or find some other similar suitable land for the charity to operate what it has at present.   So, even that isn't as simple as it sounds to some and throughout all of this don't forget that we are talking about solicitors here at CISWO and the Charity Commission and probably at the council offices as well.   They are not known for their speedy work!!!!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!