HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The Plans Are In!

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 12 Aug 2011, 09:00:11 pm
It won't matter because there isn't a bar in the new facility, just a serving hatch. Take a look at the plans. Whoever has drawn them has never been to a rugby league game (except in corporate hospitality).

All Haven fans should oppose this at all costs, it's a crap stadium that will reduce our capacity by over 5,000 and reduce revenue income by not having a place for supporters to have a drink.

And the crack I've heard is that someone else has offered to build on the Recre site with four sides for the same money, but that the Council won't listen. It's time the fans had some answers on this,

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 12 Aug 2011, 09:31:49 pm

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 12 Aug 2011, 11:06:10 pm
 The Leigh council also out priced the football club which has now folded
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 13 Aug 2011, 05:40:44 am
It won't matter because there isn't a bar in the new facility, just a serving hatch. Take a look at the plans. Whoever has drawn them has never been to a rugby league game (except in corporate hospitality).

All Haven fans should oppose this at all costs, it's a crap stadium that will reduce our capacity by over 5,000 and reduce revenue income by not having a place for supporters to have a drink.

And the crack I've heard is that someone else has offered to build on the Recre site with four sides for the same money, but that the Council won't listen. It's time the fans had some answers on this,

Totally agree on you there . How can you not have a bar.

The whole thing has been a complete joke. We were supposed to get this stadium years ago. Lots of talk but no action. It was supposed to satisfy RFL criteria IE seats and capacity but all of a sudden the stadium has got smaller and smaller. Before long it'll be the size of a shoe box.

I'm now dead against this idea. Yes a new stadium would be nice but it has to be big enough to accomodate all fans. I know attendances are poor at the mo but what if we got Leeds or Saints in a CC draw. Many fans might miss out. I get the feeling everything is now being done on the cheap hence the size of it. WE would be much better off if we could get just a few hndred thousand and do up the rec. 2 more seater stands either side of the existing 1. Cover on the popular side and a proper brick built structure for a bar. You could do that at the fraction of the cost.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 13 Aug 2011, 11:25:33 am
the council wont have the overall say on whats what it,ll be a 25% say by all  4 they wont be dictating owt.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:16:49 pm
the council wont have the overall say on whats what it,ll be a 25% say by all  4 they wont be dictating owt.

Leigh got sod all from their ground, appart from gate money.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:27:21 pm
so whos ground is it, the football club or the rugby club?  ???
dear rockerlad the ground remains the property of whitehaven football club, they of course hold it in trust [they would never be able to sell it]

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:42:38 pm
neither its shared 4 ways
dear c.b.g I dont think the club is actually "shared 4 ways" they use this very loose term of a "community" centre, which I presume they mean anyone in the community could come along and make application to use the ground for whatever they wanted. however the running of the stadium as far as i am aware will be run by a newly formed company called "whitehaven multi sports stadium ltd." this company has four partners A] c.b.c. who have allready stated they are putting no cash in in the future B] whitehaven football club [who i fear have little in the way of resources] C] W.C.D.A. or whatever their new acronym is, who also will not be putting in further cash and of course D] wrfc 2010. this umbella company will decide who uses the ground and when and for what purposes. However how will the running costs routine maintenance costs be funded. presumably the bar takings and or a rent will have to be factored in or where else will the new company get the costs for such repairs and what about the rates the utility charges these have got to come from somewhere and as 2010ltd will be to all and intents the main end user i feel the word community stadium a misnomer to say the least. The other worrying thing is with CBC actually having a say over the financial affairs of the new stadium is an accident in the making

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:48:18 pm

dear Norm, could not have put it better. people should also be aware that the capacity on the stand behind the stick includes 160 that are in the bar so if there is a capacity match then NO ONE would be allowed in the bar after the match, the consultants [hate that word] have as far as I know no previous experience of designing a stadium.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:50:57 pm
Dear c.b.g dont you think that running this fascility by a commitee that as it is set up [i.e. not fundamentally devoted to rlf] is going to create many problems down the lin?

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 13 Aug 2011, 01:00:58 pm
can anyone tell me what is the required ground numbers needed for super league and what is the ratio between standing and seating??

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 13 Aug 2011, 02:14:44 pm
at a previous meeting it was stated that 4 groups would hold a equal share in the new ground and therefore would all have a equal share.the ground would be available to outsiders of these 4 groups but they would have to pay for the privilege.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 13 Aug 2011, 02:19:14 pm
I thought that building a new stadium was to give us the chance of playing in super league. 3200 capacity is a joke. We would we better off staying at the rec and improving the ground.     

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 13 Aug 2011, 03:41:40 pm
When the plans were first drawn they included workshops, etc, which was intended to bring in revenue to maintain the facilities.   Was it not any profits from these plus crowd incomes, etc, that was to be shared 4 ways?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 13 Aug 2011, 03:43:56 pm
at a previous meeting it was stated that 4 groups would hold a equal share in the new ground and therefore would all have a equal share.the ground would be available to outsiders of these 4 groups but they would have to pay for the privilege.
I dont think they "own" a share in the ground they just all four groups have a 25% share in the new company set up to run the stadium, how many "community" groups are going to be able to pay to rent the ground and for what purpose? If they are community groups chances are they will have little if any funds to put in in the way of a rental of the ground.