HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is Seeds up to it????

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 14 Aug 2011, 04:55:01 pm
With the players he has at his disposal there is no way Haven should be loosing to teams like Doncaster. At this stage of the season, no matter how close the game was we should be coming into our own. Even without the 9 point deduction it would be highly unlikely we would have a chance of getting out of this division.

Look at the players Seeds has signed - all of Championship quality prior to arriving at the Recre......

Bauer
Gerrard
Isakka
Palfrey
Wiper
King

At some point we have to question his ability to formulate and instill a gameplan in the team has to be questioned? Where is the teams motivation.

I expect i will be told to shut up for being negative - probably by the brainless drunkards who claim to be the Haven diehards at the club.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2011, 04:41:19 pm by TheCollier »

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2011, 04:56:47 pm
you might be right gordon or is it the players themselves not performing?
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2011, 05:07:25 pm

Gordon ????

Anyway - you can only blame the players for so long. Its the coaches job to pick the team, drop players when neccasary and instruct and motivate them.

Something Seeds and Ashe obviously aren't capable of.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2011, 05:42:26 pm
Lets not get carried away eh ? Its Seedsy's first season as a coach and he's on a learning curve, its far too early to be writing him off just yet. I can understand people's disappointment that we may be stuck in C1 for another year but to expect him to come in as a novice coach and rebuild the club to the point of being promotion material after starting 9 points adrift was always going to be a huge ask regardless of who was coaching us. Maybe Seedsy's biggest fault has been his loyalty to the older players, his former team mates who he is maybe too close to, but I'm sure he'll learn from it and go on to be a decent coach in the long run.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2011, 05:50:24 pm
hes done well clawing them -9 back, bloody hell its his first season some people really haven't a clue

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2011, 05:56:23 pm

If you think the current teams performances and league placing wit our budget is doing 'well' then im afraid it you Maca who hasn't got a clue.

The players are either past it or don't care and the Coaches don't seem to be able to 'coach'.

Loyal until the end.

Some of our fans are like Lemmings.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2011, 06:09:20 pm
No way.  First year as a head coach, no team at the start of the year. Yes certain old team mates need to go and a couple of players who arent delivering but you can not bag the coach in his first year.

We would have been second without the points deduction.  Listen to Charlo and Seeds being interviewed   :-[.....Seeds will be a great coach just needs time.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2011, 06:59:40 pm
its his 1st season as a coach haven started on -9 and have mad the play offs, i would say thats good going for a a debut season
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2011, 07:23:21 pm
I can't believe someone has started this thread.   The only reason Haven have done as well as they have this year is down to Seeds and his positive attitude for he didn't have the strongest of squads to start with but yet Haven churned out wins.   He has motivated his older players and brought on young players and in my opinion Haven have over achieved considering the squad to start with and the -9 points.   

The season may now be catching up with some of the squad but Haven would be silly to even consider getting rid of David Seeds at this time.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2011, 07:28:52 pm
Well said keith!

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2011, 07:30:58 pm
Can add doran to that list aswell
Haven Till I Die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Aug 2011, 08:33:18 pm

Gordon ????

Anyway - you can only blame the players for so long. Its the coaches job to pick the team, drop players when neccasary and instruct and motivate them.

Something Seeds and Ashe obviously aren't capable of.

like ive said  y6our bang out of order and a clown for even starting a thread like this when a Haven lad such as seeds heart in the club and in his first year.... what did you expect us top with 10 points clear.
its fare to say wev dipped in form since swinton home and ok we do need a good play maker but to call seedsy this early  :shake:

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 14 Aug 2011, 09:45:53 pm
Its amazing what a difference 5 minutes makes isn't it ? With about 5 to go we were leading Doncaster and if we'd hung on for the win then the same people who are criticising would have been shouting about how good we are and how we were going to walk the play offs !

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 15 Aug 2011, 11:50:45 am
With the players he has at his disposal there is no way Haven should be loosing to teams like Doncaster. At this stage of the season, no matter how close the game was we should be coming into our own. Even without the 9 point deduction it would be highly unlikely we would have a chance of getting out of this division.

Look at the players Seeds has signed - all of Championship quality prior to arriving at the Recre......

Bauer
Gerrard
Isakka
Palfrey
Wiper
King

At some point we have to question his ability to formulate and instill a gameplan in the team has to be questioned? Where is the teams motivation.

I expect i will be told to shut up for being negative - probably by the brainless drunkards who claim to be the Haven diehards at the club.

In answer to your RIDICULOUS question, YES!!!!!

and I will third the SENSIBLE statement from Keith!

I wish some people would engage their brain (if they have one) before typing!!!
 :grrr:

Offline #eggchaser

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 15 Aug 2011, 04:32:35 pm
as supporters do we expect TOO MUCH. we can't expect to win every game.
Seedsy's done well. he has assembled a squad from nothing, and still got in the play offs. This was always going to be a transition season. Give the guy a bit of respect for what he has achieved SO FAR.
Get behind seedsy and the boys for the visit of swinton on sunday.
8ry4n