HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

u23s next year?

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:48:55 pm
Tend to agree not having asecond team is a mistake.  No point having a squad of 28 with one team 8-9 of those players will have given up by May becasue they rent getting a game. 

You also end up like Towm last year wit 17 players training by the business end of the season.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:52:00 pm
Been on twitter rochdale are running a u23,s next season only downfall in this league you need about 35-40 players minimum which stops you bringing in high profile players

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 16 Nov 2011, 05:34:26 pm
boxer is correct and if you look at town last year they were lucky as they were down to their bare bones.Theirs not much money these days so a few week of not getting picked its bye bye

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 17 Nov 2011, 12:28:03 pm
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 17 Nov 2011, 10:23:17 pm
Why have a squad of 26 plus players 7 -8 arent going to get a game for most of the year.

Better off signing 22 quality players and pulling in dual reg / loans when injuries strike.  At least yo get a replacement who is keen, fit and been playing RL rather than a bloke who hasnt played for 4 months unfit and not motiviated.  We are signong players like crellin and Fox who wont get near a game of Rugby unless we have a catastrophic run of injuries.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 17 Nov 2011, 10:28:20 pm
Sorry boxer but crellin did well last season when he played and wouldnt be out of place in the starting 17 maybe don will see the potential in the young guns

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 17 Nov 2011, 10:40:39 pm
Maybe he will and thats fine but my point is we have Reece Fox , Fox , Crellin, Beatie, S Miller, Doran and Izzaka all competing for three back row positions two or three of that lot (assuming we dont sign any more back rows) wont play much rugby

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 17 Nov 2011, 10:51:36 pm
i am on the understanding that not only are we attempting promotion but also with a view to the future hence the average age of the squad which i aint worked out yet     back soon
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 19 Nov 2011, 04:41:56 pm
Sorry boxer but crellin did well last season when he played and wouldnt be out of place in the starting 17 maybe don will see the potential in the young guns

He also had a fantastic season with the reserves when they won the championship. One of their best players.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline mac1

• Academy Signing
Reply #39 on: 22 Nov 2011, 07:43:57 pm
brad came on well last year he just needs to keep on improveing but still only a fringe player not a starting 17 player yet not with the calibre of signings so far