HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Swinton - Your Thoughts/Comments?

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #60 on: 26 Aug 2011, 04:26:38 pm

'one game flirt with the playoffs'

All this 'Super Town' vomiting from the lips of the 400 is all well and good however they seem to forget.

1. They are yet to beat us in the League this year
2. We (bar the 9 point deduction) have been easily the 2nd (potentially 1st) best team in the League.

If i was a Town fan id be praying for 2nd place as if Town dont make the GF at the first time of asking potentially they may have to face Haven again.

Offline dcharlie

• Academy Signing
Reply #61 on: 27 Aug 2011, 07:32:07 am
you can't seriously tell me you can go from a 44-0 drubbing to a 42 point win over the same team in a matter of weeks with roughly the same line ups and thats normal.

I dunno - i agree with the princuples but if we want to go down this route, then the team that beat you a mere week before you beat Swinton must be a hell of a team what with so much still to play for? ;)

Anyways, this could go on for a while - at the end of the day no matter which way it is sliced the wins for Workington and Whitehaven over the final league champions are still wins ultimately carrying the exact same value. Which one is the "better" win is largerly pointless in the grand scheme of things. As far as Whitehaven and Workington are concerned all that matters now is this weekend and the playoffs.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #62 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:37:10 pm

All this 'Super Town' vomiting from the lips of the 400 is all well and good however they seem to forget.

2. We (bar the 9 point deduction) have been easily the 2nd (potentially 1st) best team in the League.

If i was a Town fan id be praying for 2nd place as if Town dont make the GF at the first time of asking potentially they may have to face Haven again.

collier,only a bad refereeing decision cost us a win over haven at home and sevral bombed scoring oppprtunities which was our own fault cost us at the rec when the game was there for the taking. good luck to haven on sunday!!!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #63 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:39:55 pm

collier,only a bad refereeing decision cost us a win over haven at home and sevral bombed scoring oppprtunities which was our own fault cost us at the rec when the game was there for the taking. good luck to haven on sunday!!!

i think the bad refereeing decision at donkey park was putting tyrone dalton in the bin at 16.0 to haven. as we were well on top could of been 50 :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #64 on: 02 Sep 2011, 03:56:55 pm
when getting beat we didnt get bonus points that all add up enda season