HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Horizon Statement

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:07:24 pm
On Monday evening, the entire Haven Horizon group met for the first time. It was evident from this first initial meeting that all individuals are extremely keen to work together towards a common goal, moving Whitehaven RLFC forward.

In order to achieve our goal and to make an impact in driving the club forward, it was agreed that we would make a formal offer for the shares currently held by Mr Dick Raaz.

The group constructed the bid and it was submitted to the Board of Directors yesterday prior to last night's board meeting. The Board of Directors have since confirmed receipt of the offer and have stated that they will take time to consider it and will notify the group in due course.

The Haven Horizon group are committed to working together with the Board of Directors to ensure Whitehaven RLFC has it's best possible chance to succeed.

John Flanagan
on behalf of the Haven Horizon Group

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:23:18 pm
On Monday evening, the entire Haven Horizon group met for the first time. It was evident from this first initial meeting that all individuals are extremely keen to work together towards a common goal, moving Whitehaven RLFC forward.

In order to achieve our goal and to make an impact in driving the club forward, it was agreed that we would make a formal offer for the shares currently held by Mr Dick Raaz.

The group constructed the bid and it was submitted to the Board of Directors yesterday prior to last night's board meeting. The Board of Directors have since confirmed receipt of the offer and have stated that they will take time to consider it and will notify the group in due course.

The Haven Horizon group are committed to working together with the Board of Directors to ensure Whitehaven RLFC has it's best possible chance to succeed.

John Flanagan

Surely with mrs razzs shares and dick shares you would have control of the club and would be the BOD not working along side the BOD, something that in the past has been condemed by lots of fans and some on the horizon group.Lets all be honset here reading post its seems there is not only a power struggle between the BOD and the horizon group but between the razz'es and our club is in the middle of it.
I supported the trust as i thought it was a good idea but as usual it seems egos were its downfall.I have seen nothing to tell me that things are going to be any different .We have one horizon group member with several login names on here posting with the intention of trying to undermine the current BOD, we have another member who is happy to disclose partial information with the aim of turning fans against the BOD if this is how you want to take control then fine but you will not get my support .We have a board who have done well over the last 12 months and are about to appoint a new coach and try to re-sign players for next year. i suggest you leave them to get on with it
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2011, 08:26:36 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:29:01 pm

John Flanagan

Surely with mrs razzs shares and dick shares you would have control of the club and would be the BOD not working along side the BOD, something that in the past has been condemed by lots of fans and some on the horizon group.Lets all be honset here reading post its seems there is not only a power struggle between the BOD and the horizon group but between the razz'es and our club is in the middle of it.
I supported the trust as i thought it was a good idea but as usual it seems egos were its downfall.I have seen nothing to tell me that things are going to be any different .We have one horizon group member with several login names on here posting with the intention of trying to undermine the current BOD, we have another member who is happy to disclose partial information with the aim of turning fans against the BOD if this is how you want to take control then fine but you will not get my support .We have a board who have done well over the last 12 months and are about to appoint a new coach and try to re-sign players for next year. i suggest you leave them to get on with it
Except, unless Dicks shares haven't been sold then Mrs R doesnt have any, according to previous posts.

Just what we need, a power struggle   :shake: :shake:   
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:33:38 pm

John Flanagan

Nothing in their statement says they are looking to change the BODs, I agree they have done a great job, but it's quite obvious that there with some of the posts on here, that not all is well.   

At with this option we know we have people who are 110% Haven. If Mr Ralph MERGER Calvin was too get Dicks shares, he would have the Majority of the shares, which would leave the club at risk! He tried to do it once, nothing to say he would not try again.

HW

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:37:21 pm
 :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch:

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:39:46 pm
I can assure you that there is no struggle with my husband or myself.

When the Horizon Group has their paperwork complete I will then assign all rights to my shares to their Group as promised.

That will formally end my relationship with WRLFC2010.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:42:37 pm

John Flanagan

Nothing in their statement says they are looking to change the BODs, I agree they have done a great job, but it's quite obvious that there with some of the posts on here, that not all is well.   

At with this option we know we have people who are 110% Haven. If Mr Ralph MERGER Calvin was too get Dicks shares, he would have the Majority of the shares, which would leave the club at risk! He tried to do it once, nothing to say he would not try again.

HW

your right but who is making the majority of these post and why? surely not to undermine the current BOD !!!!!!! , as long as barry is with the club i'm happy because he is haven through and through,and im sure the tangled web about dicks shares and reason why things have and will happen will come out sooner or later
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:47:27 pm
Could someone who knows post on here who owns what percentage or number of the clubs total share issue.

We really dont need this mess now.  A lot of good things are about to happen and looks like egos will screw it up.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:50:08 pm
Is Barr Richardson Pro new stadium and anti merger if so he gets my support.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:52:52 pm
Is Barr Richardson Pro new stadium and anti merger if so he gets my support.
You can count on that!!!

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:54:28 pm
For clarities sake, I can assure you all that egos play absolutely no part in the vision of the Haven Horizon group. I speak for myself and I'm sure the entire group when I say that all we want is the very very best for Whitehaven RLFC and personal gain or boosting egos is quite frankly the last thing on any of our minds.

For the people who honestly believe that this is what it is about, you are wrong. I can't say it any clearer than that.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:59:50 pm
For clarities sake, I can assure you all that egos play absolutely no part in the vision of the Haven Horizon group. I speak for myself and I'm sure the entire group when I say that all we want is the very very best for Whitehaven RLFC and personal gain or boosting egos is quite frankly the last thing on any of our minds.

For the people who honestly believe that this is what it is about, you are wrong. I can't say it any clearer than that.
Flanners, I will respectfully agree to disagree mate given some of the recent posts on here. Its like a bloody soap opera
For what its worth, Mr R has already declared in the press he is selling to the current BOD, is it any wonder people are sceptical.
The best the HH can hope for ( if the above is true) is that any shares Mrs R may or may not acquire are passed on to the group. But as someone else already stated, that doesn't mean they will get a seat on the BOD. So why the aggravation, unless the ultimate aim is to try and buy enough shares to tip the balance of power.
Credit people with some sense and the ability to read what is put before them.
It a bit of a mess mate

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2011, 09:02:18 pm
It does seem Mrs R that you and Mr R are pursuing different strategies is that fair comment to make ?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 06 Oct 2011, 09:06:10 pm

Flanners, I will respectfully agree to disagree mate given some of the recent posts on here. Its like a bloody soap opera
For what its worth, Mr R has already declared in the press he is selling to the current BOD, is it any wonder people are sceptical.
The best the HH can hope for ( if the above is true) is that any shares Mrs R may or may not acquire are passed on to the group. But as someone else already stated, that doesn't mean they will get a seat on the BOD. So why the aggravation, unless the ultimate aim is to try and buy enough shares to tip the balance of power.
It a bit of a mess mate

Think that was all fine , until it was posted that Mr Calvin was going to purchase all Dick's shares, thus giving him a controlling interest, the question is, is Ralph to be trusted, he tried to shaft the club once, and some will never forget that!!!!!!!!

HW

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #14 on: 06 Oct 2011, 09:12:16 pm

It a bit of a mess mate

Think that was all fine , until it was posted that Mr Calvin was going to purchase all Dick's shares, thus giving him a controlling interest, the question is, is Ralph to be trusted, he tried to shaft the club once, and some will never forget that!!!!!!!!

HW
Again I agree but we live in different times