HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Horizon Statement

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 06 Oct 2011, 09:14:16 pm
I find some of these comments amazing.

Not everything is about control. If control is the issue why would anyone who didn't have a majority invest in the Club? Not everyone is obsessed with control.

Boxer, both my husband and I have the same goal, to withdraw from the Club and to be honest the BOD have made it very clear that they do not wish our further involvement in any manner. I'm okay with that.

My intention is to leave something in the hands of the fans...and if you look at the membership list of the Horizon Group you will see a group of individuals who are really capable and steadfast Haven supporters and many of them carried a lot of the load for the Club this year. Their willingness to continue good work for the Club should be commended.

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:13:54 pm
On Monday evening, the entire Haven Horizon group met for the first time. It was evident from this first initial meeting that all individuals are extremely keen to work together towards a common goal, moving Whitehaven RLFC forward.

In order to achieve our goal and to make an impact in driving the club forward, it was agreed that we would make a formal offer for the shares currently held by Mr Dick Raaz.

The group constructed the bid and it was submitted to the Board of Directors yesterday prior to last night's board meeting. The Board of Directors have since confirmed receipt of the offer and have stated that they will take time to consider it and will notify the group in due course.

The Haven Horizon group are committed to working together with the Board of Directors to ensure Whitehaven RLFC has it's best possible chance to succeed.

John Flanagan
on behalf of the Haven Horizon Group

Is it not time WRLFC Official Site commented or issued a statement to give the above an official endorsement. This would go a long way to explain where the club sees the Horizon Group in its plans for the future and might put concerned supporters at ease.   

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:29:05 pm
Think you will find very few fans want Ralph Calvin to have a controling interest in the club.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:31:01 pm
For clarities sake, I can assure you all that egos play absolutely no part in the vision of the Haven Horizon group. I speak for myself and I'm sure the entire group when I say that all we want is the very very best for Whitehaven RLFC and personal gain or boosting egos is quite frankly the last thing on any of our minds.

For the people who honestly believe that this is what it is about, you are wrong. I can't say it any clearer than that.
Flanners, I will respectfully agree to disagree mate given some of the recent posts on here. Its like a bloody soap opera
For what its worth, Mr R has already declared in the press he is selling to the current BOD, is it any wonder people are sceptical.
The best the HH can hope for ( if the above is true) is that any shares Mrs R may or may not acquire are passed on to the group. But as someone else already stated, that doesn't mean they will get a seat on the BOD. So why the aggravation, unless the ultimate aim is to try and buy enough shares to tip the balance of power.
Credit people with some sense and the ability to read what is put before them.
It a bit of a mess mate

I sincerely hope you are not calling me a liar when I say that this has nothing to do with egos? There is nothing to "respectfully agree to disagree" with in the text you have quoted. My statement there was purely to say there I personally want the very best for Haven, that is all, and I couldn't care two hoots about personal gain or boosted ego. For you to "respectfully agree to disagree" with that, well quite frankly I find that insulting.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:35:04 pm
For clarities sake, I can assure you all that egos play absolutely no part in the vision of the Haven Horizon group. I speak for myself and I'm sure the entire group when I say that all we want is the very very best for Whitehaven RLFC and personal gain or boosting egos is quite frankly the last thing on any of our minds.

For the people who honestly believe that this is what it is about, you are wrong. I can't say it any clearer than that.
Flanners, I will respectfully agree to disagree mate given some of the recent posts on here. Its like a bloody soap opera
For what its worth, Mr R has already declared in the press he is selling to the current BOD, is it any wonder people are sceptical.
The best the HH can hope for ( if the above is true) is that any shares Mrs R may or may not acquire are passed on to the group. But as someone else already stated, that doesn't mean they will get a seat on the BOD. So why the aggravation, unless the ultimate aim is to try and buy enough shares to tip the balance of power.
It a bit of a mess mate

I sincerely hope you are not calling me a liar when I say that this has nothing to do with egos? There is nothing to "respectfully agree to disagree" with in the text you have quoted. My statement there was purely to say there I personally want the very best for Haven, that is all, and I couldn't care two hoots about personal gain or boosted ego. For you to "respectfully agree to disagree" with that, well quite frankly I find that insulting.
You stated that you spoke for the rest of the group ( entire group ) why so defensive if its not true. Strange response Flannerz, read my reply and your post again...
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline karlconnor

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:39:35 pm

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #21 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:41:37 pm
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:44:27 pm

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:45:28 pm

It a bit of a mess mate

You stated that you spoke for the rest of the group ( entire group ) why so defensive if its not true. Strange response Flannerz, read my reply and your post again...

None of us are there for egos I can assure you, but If you want to believe some are then that's your choice. I personally am not looking for anything back aside from a club that is all pulling together in the same direction and earns promotion to the Championship next season :)

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2011, 11:34:43 pm
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2011, 12:14:30 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 06 Oct 2011, 11:53:09 pm

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 06 Oct 2011, 11:58:37 pm