HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Horizon Statement

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 07 Oct 2011, 12:10:36 am
no doubt they have both done well for the club and we owe them thanks for making sure we still have a club,but there is denying over that last month its been a mess regarding their stake in the club and what will happen to it and that has not helped the club one bit
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2011, 12:18:28 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 07 Oct 2011, 12:13:50 am
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 07 Oct 2011, 12:44:34 am
Why would Mr Razz not just transfer his shares to his wife? That way she could have avoided the chance they would fall into the hands of someone she dont want them in. Unless of course Mr Razz realises that Ralph is a shrewd business man and CAN take the club forward. I think there may be a bigger picture in all this than what we are seeing at the moment...
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2011, 01:37:17 am by Conrad Penguin »
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

Offline karlconnor

• Academy Signing
Reply #33 on: 07 Oct 2011, 01:28:27 am
underwhelming and unrepresentative -- that's a bit harsh, there are some seriously talented individuals in the group with good track records of involvement in various fan groups etc, as well as outside bodies.

For the record where we get the funds is that people sit around the table and several of them say they'll put their money where their mouth is and generate some funds to bid for the shares.

And in terms of the business dealings of Mr and Mrs Raaz, there is no great conspiracy; When Dick agreed to sell to the current Haven board he had only one offer on the table.

When JD informed us that Dick was transferring them just to Ralph we felt we should act, in the interests of keeping the club's ownership as diverse as possible. We made our offer to Dick and he said he felt duty bound to honour the agreement that he'd made with Ralph, as it was the gentlemanly thing to do, and to leave it up to Ralph and the rest of the BOD how to deal with our offer. Hence the formal offer being made.

Clearly that offer hasn't been accepted as it stands but the board have given a commitment to work with HH just as HH has committed to working with them. It may be that they have other ways of generating the funds we were offering or it may be that, in the near future, the club will float more shares and we will be able to invest then, who knows?

There is no big issue here, Flannerz was simply letting people know that we'd had a meeting and what we'd done on the back of it.

And in terms of a campaign to discredit the current BOD, well I'm hardly likely to be a force behind that. Up until the final week of the regular season I was a member of it so any mistakes they've made this season I've either been complicit in or at least aware of and unable to stop -- either way it does me no good, personally, to have the season's record tarnished.

« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2011, 01:50:53 am by karlconnor »

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 07 Oct 2011, 04:43:32 am
Brett:

I leave the Club with a BOD gloating over the fact that they got one over on the Raaz's and making my investment look foolish. It is what it is.

But the point is the word "leave". I am of no concern to the Club or the Board. My ownership rights are going to be transferred and I am no longer a "problem".

Haven Horizon is not "hand picked" by me. In fact, when I met with them for five minutes at the beginning of their meeting the other day to wish them luck I had to be introduced to a few individuals.

Feel free to have at the Americans but don't turn on each other. The Club will need every positive individual it can gather if success is to be had.

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 07 Oct 2011, 05:10:29 am
Brett:

I leave the Club with a BOD gloating over the fact that they got one over on the Raaz's and making my investment look foolish. It is what it is.

But the point is the word "leave". I am of no concern to the Club or the Board. My ownership rights are going to be transferred and I am no longer a "problem".

Haven Horizon is not "hand picked" by me. In fact, when I met with them for five minutes at the beginning of their meeting the other day to wish them luck I had to be introduced to a few individuals.

Feel free to have at the Americans but don't turn on each other. The Club will need every positive individual it can gather if success is to be had.

Pardon me if I have missed something but it has been a long while since I saw anyone on here have a go at the Americans. Au Contrair yourself and your husband have been extremly beneficial to the club during your tenure and it is greatly appreciatted by most.  :bow:
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

ca28

Reply #36 on: 07 Oct 2011, 07:36:42 am
Hi HH group,

Just one question. How are you going to raise the money ?

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #37 on: 07 Oct 2011, 08:22:14 am
Hi HH group,

Im sure Karl answered this earlier in the thread but the money is coming from members of the group.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 07 Oct 2011, 08:27:04 am
Karl

No one has mentioned tarnishing the season's record, in fact the opposite, given where we were this time last year this years report must be 10 out of 10, as fans i don't think we can too disappointed  its been a good year.

Now to the current goings on, i have no problem with the HH group i know some people on it and know they are haven fans through and through,but to say it is a group to represent the fans is stretching it a bit. Everyone one on the group was in her own words "hand picked" by Mrs Razz and again in her own words the aim is to "to control/own a significant share of the Club" so until there is any form of open dialogue with fans about the groups aims etc ,I would say this group represents Mrs Razz.I don't class carefully worded statements on a forum used by some of the fan base as open dialogue

The share issue concerns me and I am not a fan of Ralph's to be honest because of the old merger era etc. However with what little I know, I sort of understand why it has been done at least for the short term anyway, if it were to continue long term with 1 person as the majority share holder I would not be happy. Having said that I have to give credit where its due. Ralph stuck by the club in its darkest hour, I am sure he doesn't need the hassle and when the club went under I'm sure it would have been very easy for him to walk away .He didn't and 12 months on he has to take some of the credit for where we are.
 What concerns me more though is a group claiming to represent the fans holding its first meeting on Monday then announces via a public forum that along with the shares its about to get from Mrs Razz, it now wants to acquire the shares Dick Razz is about to sell and be the controlling owner of the club.Then we have the misinformation one says Dicks shares we not paid for the other say he was paid 12.5K for them .One says the BOD are considering the offer only to be be told by another they have rejected it and other partial information given out which can only be seen to show the current BOD in a negative light.
I would ask why is it you need the controlling  share of the club, as a group you must think there is something fundamentally wrong with the way it is being run?
I applauded any fans who want to give time and effort into helping better the club but like the trust the term walk before you can run comes across in all of this
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 07 Oct 2011, 08:35:49 am
underwhelming and unrepresentative -- that's a bit harsh, there are some seriously talented individuals in the group with good track records of involvement in various fan groups etc, as well as outside bodies.

For the record where we get the funds is that people sit around the table and several of them say they'll put their money where their mouth is and generate some funds to bid for the shares.

And in terms of the business dealings of Mr and Mrs Raaz, there is no great conspiracy; When Dick agreed to sell to the current Haven board he had only one offer on the table.

When JD informed us that Dick was transferring them just to Ralph we felt we should act, in the interests of keeping the club's ownership as diverse as possible. We made our offer to Dick and he said he felt duty bound to honour the agreement that he'd made with Ralph, as it was the gentlemanly thing to do, and to leave it up to Ralph and the rest of the BOD how to deal with our offer. Hence the formal offer being made.

Clearly that offer hasn't been accepted as it stands but the board have given a commitment to work with HH just as HH has committed to working with them. It may be that they have other ways of generating the funds we were offering or it may be that, in the near future, the club will float more shares and we will be able to invest then, who knows?

There is no big issue here, Flannerz was simply letting people know that we'd had a meeting and what we'd done on the back of it.

And in terms of a campaign to discredit the current BOD, well I'm hardly likely to be a force behind that. Up until the final week of the regular season I was a member of it so any mistakes they've made this season I've either been complicit in or at least aware of and unable to stop -- either way it does me no good, personally, to have the season's record tarnished.

I apologise for the 'underwhelming' comment. It was only used for 2 reasons - I couldn't think of the word I wanted to use and to get a response. I have found on here that if you ask a simple question nicely - such as regarding the new stadium or , more recently, who issued the incorrect press release regarding Mr Raaz's shares - it just tends to get ignored. With regards to the 'unrepresentative' part, I note Mrs Raa'z more recent post where she says that the HH group was NOT hand picked. Other than the obvious of being a 'group of like-minded individuals' what are the criteria for being able to join? Would, for instance, I be able to join? (not that I want to!) And with regards to money - I'm sorry but I simply do not acept that the plan is simply just to 'find it from somewhere'. Sorry for giving you the grief but I know that you are always willing to explain your point of view............... and you made the mistake of replying to my post!
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #40 on: 07 Oct 2011, 08:39:23 am
Hi HH group,

Im sure Karl answered this earlier in the thread but the money is coming from members of the group.

Hi Flannerz, I'm sure that you feel as if you need a tin hat on at the moment! But....

Just to be clear the money is PRIVATE money coming from SOME members of the group?

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 07 Oct 2011, 09:02:39 am
Hi HH group,

Hi Flannerz, I'm sure that you feel as if you need a tin hat on at the moment! But....

Just to be clear the money is PRIVATE money coming from SOME members of the group?

It's gone beyond a tin hat ;) But yes, that is correct.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 07 Oct 2011, 09:13:25 am
well, well, well,  what ever somebody does you will always get the ah buts, this is why it is wonderful to live in a country with free speech (to a point) the group that has been put together by who ever will only do good for the club as for the  shares issue wheather they are forking out of their own pockets to bid for the shares or some one elses good luck to them again, these people have put their heads above the trench to be shot at something i would not thank you for, maybe 1 or 2 want to be and have to be in the front row all of the time i dont know but what ever the best of british to this group. just a little tip to the group watch the classic garry cooper film seargent york, turkeys, germans and all that. once again good luck folks. gpao

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 07 Oct 2011, 09:15:00 am
Let's hope to god the sponsors aren't watching all of this...................................

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #44 on: 07 Oct 2011, 09:26:17 am
well, well, well,  what ever somebody does you will always get the ah buts, this is why it is wonderful to live in a country with free speech (to a point) the group that has been put together by who ever will only do good for the club as for the  shares issue wheather they are forking out of their own pockets to bid for the shares or some one elses good luck to them again, these people have put their heads above the trench to be shot at something i would not thank you for, maybe 1 or 2 want to be and have to be in the front row all of the time i dont know but what ever the best of british to this group. just a little tip to the group watch the classic garry cooper film seargent york, turkeys, germans and all that. once again good luck folks. gpao

Agreed :) if you ever need any help, just get in touch

Good Luck Guys :)  :nod: