HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Horizon Statement

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #315 on: 05 Jan 2014, 03:42:45 pm
He got a gaming licence, cost around 70 quid.  Done lots of little things, lottery bingo, RL correct scores, fantasy RL, then you bought votes at 5 quid a piece to decide where the money went.  Sure i have missed out somethings, but the RL correct scores raised a lot of money, because it was so hard, the jackpot got really high and half of sellafield where having a dabble.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #316 on: 05 Jan 2014, 03:57:41 pm
He got a gaming licence, cost around 70 quid.  Done lots of little things, lottery bingo, RL correct scores, fantasy RL, then you bought votes at 5 quid a piece to decide where the money went.  Sure i have missed out somethings, but the RL correct scores raised a lot of money, because it was so hard, the jackpot got really high and half of sellafield where having a dabble.
  He also raised funds through a online shop, forget what it was called, also recycling old mobile phones.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #317 on: 05 Jan 2014, 05:19:03 pm
Ingenuity at its best, I presume he was au fait with computers - way to go as posted above. It all starts with the God of small things.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #318 on: 05 Jan 2014, 11:25:49 pm
Imagine if all the above games and the lottery could be payed for on an official website, were interaction with the BOD could take place now and again, were proper information was distributed in a timely manner.  For £10 a year membership.  Instead of giving the local rags everything for very little.  Hardly rocket science, but i bet done PROPERLY would easily raise upward of 50k a season.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #319 on: 06 Jan 2014, 08:44:55 am
I think T.I.H. have allready established a 'paypal' system and surely it's time the club had credit card facilities. Could not all three websites be combined - ie one click and you can access the forum, the club site and TIH site [for us none tekies - is that the term]? still operating independently - or has that no mileage? There could even be a talk to a director section [if they wanted] say once a week and a detailed club 'diary' the list is almost endless.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #320 on: 06 Jan 2014, 10:16:48 am
the webshop was Easyfundraising (its still going but raising little) . I think Chris's biggest earner was a bingo type game using the lottery numbers.

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #321 on: 06 Jan 2014, 10:25:04 am
the webshop was Easyfundraising (its still going but raising little) . I think Chris's biggest earner was a bingo type game using the lottery numbers.

The Trust Run An Account For Easyfundraising Its On Front Page Of trustinhaven.com You Don't Have To Be A member To Join In The Money All Goes To The Club And Cost You Nothing.Just Click On Easyfundraising At Top Of The Page.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2014, 10:27:07 am by JAYFORHAVEN »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #322 on: 28 Jan 2014, 03:35:28 pm
could this be viable at haven

http://hemelstags.com/club/own_your_share_of_the_stags    :o

havnt we been there before with this or something similar
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #323 on: 14 May 2014, 09:58:31 am

the trust in haven tried to do square deal type with the haven pitch could of been a big earner for the club not many people were interested. we will try it again later was a shame it got no interest
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #324 on: 14 May 2014, 10:08:40 am

the trust in haven tried to do square deal type with the haven pitch could of been a big earner for the club not many people were interested. we will try it again later was a shame it got no interest

I find the problem is, that it's the same people all the time who are being asked for money. They club need to try and target people who don't go to the games.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #325 on: 14 May 2014, 10:32:26 am
And for that RLad, the club has to widen its horizons [no pun intended] and do things differntly on top of what is already being done but to ask a non supporter for money as you suggest there has to be a trade off of kinds, something has to be offered in return - be that a hospitality treat, corporate hospitality, an uber raffle etc etc but basically not to look at its business model as anything to do with RL in the first instance.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #326 on: 14 May 2014, 02:27:43 pm
And for that RLad, the club has to widen its horizons [no pun intended] and do things differntly on top of what is already being done but to ask a non supporter for money as you suggest there has to be a trade off of kinds, something has to be offered in return - be that a hospitality treat, corporate hospitality, an uber raffle etc etc but basically not to look at its business model as anything to do with RL in the first instance.

The lottery before it got ruined achieved that.  Over 3000 members at its peak.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #327 on: 14 May 2014, 03:55:23 pm
When I said uber raffle, I wasn't in any way denigrating our existing raffle far from it. I am more saying that perhaps a raffle of sorts could be run in tandem but NOT weekly, between the three clubs or more and sold widely to people who might not be rugby fans or want a ticket every week but might like to buy a ticket for an interesting prize as opposed to helping a RL club, even though it ammounts to the same thing it's not quite the same thing to the purchaser - does that sound too complicated - hope you know what I am meaning.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #328 on: 14 May 2014, 03:56:05 pm
P.S. what did you mean by 'ruined' I thought our sweep was doing reasonably well??

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #329 on: 04 Jul 2014, 12:47:50 pm
i beleive the hh have a document put together to present to the review lot soon. i thought they had stopped as a group so good on them if there still together i think all groups can work together good luck to them.
born and bred haven.