HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

RFL UNVEIL CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 20 Oct 2011, 06:54:25 pm
Championship 1 after next season is going to be reduced to no more than an amateur league, and if Haven are not promoted we may as well join the Brow and Egremont in their amateur league where at least their would be local interest.

What a load of bull. If we don't go up this year it is hardly the end of the world, as according to you, with the quality of the league being so low, we will walk the league the following year.

The crowds would come flocking to see the Haven winning by 30/40 even 50 points week in week out,

Nice weekends away too in them new southern outposts

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 20 Oct 2011, 08:06:58 pm
"jammy" according to some we were sure to get promotion this year.

In case you have not noticed we have been in a downward spiral for the past 2 to 3 years financial difficulties, demoted, falling gates,
lack of sponsors, lottery declining, the longer we languish in the basement of R/L the more difficult it will become to get out, with more fans giving up on the club each year.

I have been a fan for numerous years and will continue to be so irrespective, but I am not blinkered to the fact that continuing in Championship 1 for three seasons will cause great damage to the survival of the club.

lottery is on the increase and has been for the last 6 months at least, demoted yes although  but for minus 9 we would have finished 2nd not to shabby,think we were best supported team in CH1 could be wrong , new coach,new players signing half full rather than half empty
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 20 Oct 2011, 09:29:04 pm
Brett:

Yes we were, though I'm not sure if the RFL ever corrected some of the attendance numbers. They had only 500 or so at a Workington match that produced 1400 +.

Lottery is improving, significantly and I'm not sure what sponsorship problems are being alluded to...We did well last year and our Sponsors Lounge was one of the busiest if not THE busiest in the League.

...and yes, the Club did it with a big -9 shadow across the entire season.

Mr. Nicholson will be a fine addition to the BOD.

You will soon have a new Chairman as Richard has asked to be replaced (He has been named by ITG as President and General Manager at AMWTP).

It will take a lot of hard work to match last year's energy but it can be done. In fact, it can be exceeded.

This season will present difficulties but right now I'd say the glass is about 3/4 of the way full...Let's see what the new Coach can do :)