HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Paul King becomes a Knight

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:37:57 am
 good luck to the guy, we deffo need a couple of props. 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:41:59 am
I wasn't holding out much hope that we would be able to re-sign King, makes much more sense for him to find a club nearer home.

I think we need 3 new props. Farrer and Fordy havent done much and unless they find some quality form in the amateur ranks i wouldnt have them back.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:46:14 am
Dont think Fordys coming back, no great loss

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:55:05 am
we still have cullnean and issaka but deffo need a couple more big units with experience
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2011, 12:45:57 pm
born and bred haven.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2011, 01:03:13 pm
Think we need three props to go with Culneen.  Issaka and Doran would be back up to the main but both more effective in backrow.  Agree Ford and Farrer arent the answer and other than a stop gap Luke is to small really.

Guess there is Haggerty from last year or Jamie Butler from Barrow.

Personally think at least one of our over seas signing should be a prop as that was where we weakest throughout last year Chris Young would do. 

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2011, 02:43:25 pm
I wasn't holding out much hope that we would be able to re-sign King, makes much more sense for him to find a club nearer home.

I think we need 3 new props. Farrer and Fordy havent done much and unless they find some quality form in the amateur ranks i wouldnt have them back.,
It was always going to be bout the money unfortunately  a loss never the same
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2011, 02:58:30 pm
Got to agree with you there Boxer. There is no question about the size of Lukes heart, but he isn't big enough to play prop and I'm sorry to say can't break tackles. It's a shame we couldn't tempt Paul King because he's the type of rough house forward that you need a couple of in your team. Cumbria was always renowned for its big packs. Where are good local forwards when you need them.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2011, 04:01:55 pm
Got to agree with you there Boxer. There is no question about the size of Lukes heart, but he isn't big enough to play prop and I'm sorry to say can't break tackles. It's a shame we couldn't tempt Paul King because he's the type of rough house forward that you need a couple of in your team. Cumbria was always renowned for its big packs. Where are good local forwards when you need them.

Shows how lacking we are locally in the front row as Farrer was tipped for good things we signed him from Egremont!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2011, 04:33:01 pm
Scott Teare would do for me he,s proven at champ level bit of pace and can burst tackles

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2011, 05:11:51 pm
Teare was asked last season to return but he declined the offer, most of the top amateurs are playing conference rugby with Egremont Brow and Millom and are not interested in playing for any of the local semi pro clubs just look at Brocklebank,  all three semi pro clubs have been knocking on his door for the past couple of seasons.