HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

w/kinton reds

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
on: 26 Oct 2011, 11:20:00 am
baron bloom has made a second and final bid for reds which he says will be hard to refuse
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2011, 01:21:30 pm
Have you done a Google search on this man choccy?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2011, 01:48:44 pm
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2011, 02:16:37 pm
I'm very sceptical when I see 'Property Developers' trying to buy into anything like this. Alarm bells started ringing in my head when I read the story and I don't even follow what goes on in Workington. I would hope that those currently in charge will do their homework and find out if anything underlying has prompted this bid. Gut instinct just doesn't feel right.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2011, 02:24:37 pm

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2011, 02:27:28 pm
I'm very sceptical when I see 'Property Developers' trying to buy into anything like this. Alarm bells started ringing in my head when I read the story and I don't even follow what goes on in Workington. I would hope that those currently in charge will do their homework and find out if anything underlying has prompted this bid. Gut instinct just doesn't feel right.

That was my feeling as well, especially when the Reds don't have a very long lease on Borough Park!!!!   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2011, 02:30:45 pm
also this article on the guy bit disturbing
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-4383422-playboy-faces-jail-for-sex-assault.do

Yep that was the first link that came up when i googled him. I take it that is the 3 months prison time that is mentioned in your first link Choccy
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2011, 04:48:04 pm
Baron Bloom will be talking about his takeover bid at Workington Reds on the BBCRC breakfast show tomorrow morning 7.00-9.00pm.

could be worth opening it up and making it a question and answer session very interesting ::)

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 26 Oct 2011, 05:03:15 pm
its time that lefty, "H" (aka clarence off daktari), greeny and the derwent end boot boys paid him a visit rocker lad.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 26 Oct 2011, 05:18:10 pm
We will have to wait and see on this one, who knows what his intentions are. I seen he had served time in jail but surley everyone should get a 2nd chance hasn't one of the haven players been to jail before? He seems to have sorted himself out now
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 26 Oct 2011, 05:45:58 pm
not when their in jail for that kind of offence they dont.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 26 Oct 2011, 06:23:43 pm
True, but if the bod decided to sell there is nothing the fans can do, they are not rich and our chairman is in his 80,s. the current directors have worked miricles to keep us at this level for so long.
Then again to do you want your team associated with someone like this?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2011, 06:34:09 pm
exactly what are his intentions for the club/ground??

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2011, 06:35:42 pm
exactly what are his intentions for the club/ground??
Exactly, reds dont own their ground the council do. He could be after that or he might want to do a crawly town, there was at our level about 5 year ago and look at them now

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2011, 11:25:42 pm
2nd bid rejected