HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town v blackpool

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
on: 18 Mar 2007, 08:13:01 pm
ouch  !!!!  only 464 attendance,,,crap that, even for a team playing as poor as town at this moment in time....

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2007, 08:33:07 pm
and the popular side at town was closed due to safety reasons

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2007, 10:26:27 pm
fans are making there feelings known. we have a superior fan base to haven but over the years fans have fell away. if town had the players haven have we'd get 3k a match at least.  haven have made 2 grand finals and nearly a 3rd and have some real quality players and even though you played another nl1 side in the cc a little over 1200 turned up along with 1800-2100 who usually turn up at home games not avin a go but your support is poor considering. the main reason youd never make SL  you took far more to the grand finals so why the very poor support for a performing team???????????????? 

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2007, 11:02:48 pm
because are ground is poor if we had another stand or 2 it would encourage more fans to stand in the rain and encourage other fans to make the journey most wont because are ground is CRAP and we need an ambitous board to get us the stands

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2007, 07:45:05 am

town does not have a superior fan base to haven, you are just being plain stupid.

we took 4,000 to the GF's and, unfortunately, dont get that many for home games because the GF's were a one off, where as league games happen regularly and some people cant afford to go all the time, or prefer to go out with families or do as the wife says!! etc.

there are a number of reasons why people turn up just for the BIG games, just the same as when town were quite good!

a lot of rl fans pick and choose which games to attend, as apposed to the fans who go all the time.

tell me town4me, when town had their petition for the rfl a few years back, we are led to believe 10,000 signed it, apparently,so where are they all now?
if town had the players haven have, you'd be bankrupt!! you've got over half a team from haven anyway, well ok the ones we dont want/need!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

IpswichSteve

Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2007, 09:51:25 am
We took 5000 to Old Trafford so nar nar nar nar nar!  :D

Seriously think the fan base's are pretty similar, fans
of both sides wont put up with mediocrity.

While there are quite a number of people dare I say it
either swap their allegiancies depending on who's doing
better, or who follow both sides.

You are so far ahead of us at the moment, but you still must
admit your crowds are dissapointing for the level of success
you have achieved.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2007, 11:48:26 am
our crowds have been disapointing in my opinion so far but hopefully they'll pick up when the season starts.
the thing that gets me is that town will take a 1000+ to leeds and the home game later won't get a 1000.
just like us taking 4000 to grand final.where are they now?

IpswichSteve

Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2007, 01:25:37 pm
1000+ to Leeds   :o :o

Mate I dont know who's been telling you that, but on
a Friday night and considering current fortunes,  I dont think
the figure will be much more than 100 going.  Probably
similar to the number that will travel this Sunday to Haven,
this must be one of the least anticipated Derby games ever.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2007, 01:58:28 pm
yes, which is a shame really, but as usual the town fans will wait to get dave bowdens view on this sundays match before deciding whether to come or not

if dave says they will give us a good game then a few more townies will turn up, if not i dont see many coming through to be honest!

i also think the swithching of the cup tie to a friday night is a joke, the game should be played on a sunday afternoon as should all games, except those on tv

i can remember one weekend last season when there wasnt even a single SL game on a sunday afternoon!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2007, 01:19:49 pm
dont want to turn this into a childish tit for tat puppetmaster but ipswich steve answered the question for me town took 5k to the grandfinal victory at old trafford.  we all have our opinions but if you look at the two respective crowds down the years i would say town edge the numbers in fan base.

specialbrew92

Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2007, 02:37:30 pm
Thats the problem with you lot from jam land, no matter what Haven do you lot always think you have done better.

If your ocach had our team he would still be at the wrong end of division 2

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2007, 02:42:24 pm
couldnt agree with you more specialbrew marra. we need a new coach and assistant coach, not putting haven down in this thread just think they deserve more support right now for what they have achieved over the last few years and with the players they have on board.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2007, 04:21:16 pm
couldnt agree with you more

IpswichSteve

Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2007, 05:27:32 pm
Thats the problem with you lot from jam land, no matter what Haven do you lot always think you have done better.

If your ocach had our team he would still be at the wrong end of division 2

Thats because we have always done better.  ;)

You know what they say Monte my old mucka

"Form is temporary, Class is Permanent!"  :)

Enjoy the thrashing on Sunday in your cup final.  8)

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #14 on: 21 Mar 2007, 07:19:31 pm
its a long time since haven only had 464 through the turnstiles