HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Harrison & Mcgroff sign for Barrow

Boxer · 54 · 1745

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 11 Nov 2011, 12:23:21 pm
Barrow have signed another couple of players includimng Town forward Rory Mcgroff.

Interesting to see where Lupton ends up Town or Barrow?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2011, 12:33:57 pm
2 excellent signings there, they really will be a force next year if they keep all their better locals, like they seem to be doing

Why won't lupton be signing for Haven Boxer???
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2011, 12:44:58 pm

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:11:30 pm
I think it is about time the salary cap limit is reviewed. Imo the top limit should be raised, but clubs would still only be able to spend 50-55% of their income on wages. The limit has been around for a number of years, yet we have seen high inflation in those years meaning that the cap is now significantly lower than when first set
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:37:30 pm
barrow players re-signing will be halving their pay surely else the cap will not fit again will it ::)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:48:08 pm
Heard at work the other day that until holt took over at barrow harrison ostlerand lupton where done deals at town obviously not now

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:51:02 pm
Majority of their winning squad were travellers I think, they didn't have that many locals

It aint always about money, Harrison could have been away years ago. By signing for Barrow they train locally, meaning more time to spend with their families.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2011, 01:54:56 pm
Barrows luck is theyve no challengers down there for local players where as up here us and town are chasing the same players

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:01:36 pm
We had that exact same problem when we were flying high (ok Town were still on our doorstep BUT had no money, fans or decent players) but our glorious leaders of the time still gave out ridiculous contracts!!

Cambell, Mcgroff, harrison, nixon, butler, mossop, possibly holt is the nucleas of a good team

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:06:25 pm
Barrow will have a very decent team next year, infact if they get Nixon , Ostler Butler , Lupton and the like you could easily argue they have the best squad in the division, all being local and coming together from whats gone before they will have a strong team spirit.

Larkin, Nixon, Harrison, Low, Dixon, Campbell Holt, Butler, Mossop, Mcroff, Ostler, Lupton ...

That sort of team would take some beating.  More so if they pursade Broadbent to play  :D

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:18:46 pm
Barrow will be up there next year no doubt, as will town and haven. I can't see many other teams breaking up the 3 Cumbrian sides. Well 2 Cumbrian sides and 1 that likes to change there mind from time to time. According to someone on the barrow board lupton is set for town but who knows.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:25:53 pm
Agree Wonky although Donny Rochdale and Oldham will be equally desperate and have good sides at this level.  I would be surprised if  all three Cumbrian teams make the top four. The fact there are four local derbys is excellent but it also means a couple probable defeats for each of us.

All this is assuming none of teh Welsh clubs get their act together as well.   

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:32:06 pm
north wales crusaders are officially included into championship one today but will not be in the northern rail cup but will be in challenge cup
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2011, 02:34:03 pm
boxer rest assured roch oldham and donny will be like the 3 cumbrian teams pushing heavily for promotion so i would expect 1 possibly 2 cumbrian teams to actually make it into championship

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:31:31 pm
Rochdale and Oldham will have strong squads.    I think Oldham have recruited well and have about 26 players including 6 props!!!!   Rochdale have just signed Michael Ostick as well, so I think both of those will be pushing at the top end.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!