HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sam Cunningham

Guest · 63 · 2735

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 25 Nov 2011, 04:17:06 pm
we,ll see whos rejects donkeyhead come september our squads certainly alot healthier than yours
really looking forward to seeing lupton show everyone what he aint got :D :D :Dmagic feet my harris :D :D
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2011, 04:52:42 pm by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

ca28

Reply #16 on: 25 Nov 2011, 04:37:40 pm
So yet another world class Championship reserve team reject signs for Haven. :D :D :D

Ohh dear I hope that the 300 fans appreciate this Lupton fella, I wouldn't like to think what the monthy repayments to Brighthouse Finance are. Does the name Martin Woods mean anything my old jam quaffing marra  8)

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 25 Nov 2011, 04:51:41 pm
ive also heard that town will be ratching through amateur ranks to bolster their squad as funds are apparently getting tight. :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 25 Nov 2011, 05:07:34 pm
ive also heard that town will be ratching through amateur ranks to bolster their squad as funds are apparently getting tight. :D :D

Well youve took 2 of our reserves marra farrer and derry if true plus bamber and shacks least were getting SL reserves

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 25 Nov 2011, 08:05:14 pm

Well youve took 2 of our reserves marra farrer and derry if true plus bamber and shacks least were getting SL reserves
You keep signing SL reserves, we'll carry on signing last years SL 1st team players.  ;)

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 25 Nov 2011, 08:15:48 pm
Fair play to the bloke he wants to have a go ....those are the blokes who usually add most value.  M ust have something if he spent three years at wigan. 

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2011, 08:15:55 pm
welk i no wat squad id rather have and it defo aint towns wer better in every department this year hence odds to win the league favour us

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 25 Nov 2011, 08:17:19 pm
So yet another world class Championship reserve team reject signs for Haven. :D :D :D

Ohh dear I hope that the 300 fans appreciate this Lupton fella, I wouldn't like to think what the monthy repayments to Brighthouse Finance are. Does the name Martin Woods mean anything my old jam quaffing marra  8)
aye 300 on a good day good old speedway to the rescue  :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:17:08 pm

aye 300 on a good day good old speedway to the rescue  :D :D :D
Serious question Haven 94 or anyone for that matter., Do you think the gap between Workington & Whitehaven has reduced?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:19:27 pm
 last year yea this year it's got a lot bigger IMO

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:31:14 pm
At this moment in time its  wider ......Town have lost a few of their better players.. and signed Lupton.  Lupton assuming he is over injuries,  will be an ok player but he aint Wally Lewis ...and he isn't a play maker. 

Town have 15 players signed on  which is dreadful at this stage of the year given everything riding on it. 

According to Bowden they are waiting fir the derby gate to sign a couple more and then will sign the remaining squad when the RL release the 2012 money.  Its not looking good.

Town will have 7 -8 decnet player but will lack depth or competition.   We have a lot of younger hungry players. 

Also think haven have a major signing to come.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2011, 09:36:06 pm by Boxer »

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:32:29 pm
last year yea this year it's got a lot bigger IMO
Would Town have been able to attract Top Amateur Brett Phillips or ex super league players of Peter Lupton's calibre 2 years ago?
No, is the answer.
Are Town in debt? no
Have Whitehaven's super fans gone missing by almost 50%? yes
Has Town's gates increased? Yes but not by as many as it should have.
On the whole I am happier to support a club on the upturn rather than a club who robbed their own community by spending money they didn't have.

The gap is closing faster than you think.

True points I think you will find.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #27 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:42:18 pm
Did Town pay all their debts off in full after their disaaterous stint in SL??

In answer to your question, yes the gap has closed, dramatically from 5 years ago. Then again the gap was just as big 5 years before that but favouring Town. Shows that the title of "top dog" for West Cumbria swings in roundabouts. If you had went up last year, it could have been extremely hard for Haven to have caught up with Town, as I imagine most of our better, local players would have signed for Town, especially as their is no relegation next year.

But alas you were hammered by the Cougars so that scenario, thankfully, never played out. I do believe that both clubs are very similar in stature these days. Haven may seem to be the stronger as they have a squad already in place.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:49:58 pm
Did Town pay all their debts off in full after their disaaterous stint in SL??

In answer to your question, yes the gap has closed, dramatically from 5 years ago. Then again the gap was just as big 5 years before that but favouring Town. Shows that the title of "top dog" for West Cumbria swings in roundabouts. If you had went up last year, it could have been extremely hard for Haven to have caught up with Town, as I imagine most of our better, local players would have signed for Town, especially as their is no relegation next year.

But alas you were hammered by the Cougars so that scenario, thankfully, never played out. I do believe that both clubs are very similar in stature these days. Haven may seem to be the stronger as they have a squad already in place.
Fair comments Jammy, I seem to recall Whiehaven losing a few finals also(We won one). People in glass houses n all that.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #29 on: 25 Nov 2011, 10:07:03 pm
3 finals in 3 years we lost, was gutting at the time but much better to be there than not!! Just like I wish it was us that got to last years final (albeit with a better performance).

There is plenty of time left for Town to assemble a good playing squad this year, never know may get some belting dual reg players
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."