HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sam Cunningham

Guest · 63 · 2732

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 25 Nov 2011, 10:15:52 pm
ive also heard that town will be ratching through amateur ranks to bolster their squad as funds are apparently getting tight. :D :D

Well youve took 2 of our reserves marra farrer and derry if true plus bamber and shacks least were getting SL reserves
You keep signing SL reserves, we'll carry on signing last years SL 1st team players.  ;)
The team your SL player playedfor last year are now in championship 1. FACT

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 25 Nov 2011, 10:50:58 pm
ive also heard that town will be ratching through amateur ranks to bolster their squad as funds are apparently getting tight. :D :D

Well youve took 2 of our reserves marra farrer and derry if true plus bamber and shacks least were getting SL reserves
You keep signing SL reserves, we'll carry on signing last years SL 1st team players.  ;)
The team your SL player playedfor last year are now in championship 1. FACT
Correct, that is a fact.

ca28

Reply #32 on: 25 Nov 2011, 10:51:45 pm

You keep signing SL reserves, we'll carry on signing last years bottom teamSL 1st team players player. along side them 2nd team players from Whitehaven   ;)
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2011, 10:54:38 pm by ca28 »

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 25 Nov 2011, 11:28:39 pm
Think even an idiot can see Town are in trouble ..they have signed 15 players ..charlo has said they will sign a couple more in Dec and three more in Jan,...thats says to me money trouble ...any coach worth his salt in the this league , in this year... of all years would want a full squad together asap , bonding and getting fit etc.....but Charlo cant becasue Town havn't managed to assemble a team..disgraceful if i was a supporter .

And we have Town fans on here asking daft questions about progress....think they should be banging on Dave Bodewns door asking what the hell he is up to.

Oh and one other point....Holty resuced a pretty dire situation for Charlo & Oglsnby last year...  this year just hope those two prove their worth as coaches jury is out IMO.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2011, 11:31:03 pm by Boxer »

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 26 Nov 2011, 01:26:58 am
Think even an idiot can see Town are in trouble ..they have signed 15 players ..charlo has said they will sign a couple more in Dec and three more in Jan,...thats says to me money trouble ...any coach worth his salt in the this league , in this year... of all years would want a full squad together asap , bonding and getting fit etc.....but Charlo cant becasue Town havn't managed to assemble a team..disgraceful if i was a supporter .

And we have Town fans on here asking daft questions about progress....think they should be banging on Dave Bodewns door asking what the hell he is up to.

Oh and one other point....Holty resuced a pretty dire situation for Charlo & Oglsnby last year...  this year just hope those two prove their worth as coaches jury is out IMO.

Boxer - that chip on your shoulder is nearly as big as Choccy's!!! :D :D :D

Town in money trouble...... LOL.... Speedway are running again next season so Town won't be skint....

So Town will do alright without Holty..... In the last 12 months Town beat your lot without him... :D :D :D

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 26 Nov 2011, 04:19:28 am
speedway running again !!!!! BUT have they negetioated a further reduction as they did last year? . maybe the lateness of the deal tells it's own story.
however back to the reason we are ALL here ,hopefully with 3 local derb'ys this year and the money they should bring, all 3 cumbrian teams can progress to the championship without too much trouble.
winning team's create support.which pay's for success(hopefully)

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 26 Nov 2011, 08:49:11 am

18 signed on boxer but point taken
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 26 Nov 2011, 09:02:39 am
speedway running again !!!!! BUT have they negetioated a further reduction as they did last year? . maybe the lateness of the deal tells it's own story.

The lateness of the speedway decision was nothing to do with what the Comets pay Town for the use of Derwent Park, it was more to do with the Premier League fixtures.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 26 Nov 2011, 09:06:45 am

The lateness of the speedway decision was nothing to do with what the Comets pay Town for the use of Derwent Park, it was more to do with the Premier League fixtures.

Not what i was told

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 26 Nov 2011, 09:56:37 am
last year yea this year it's got a lot bigger IMO
Would Town have been able to attract Top Amateur Brett Phillips or ex super league players of Peter Lupton's calibre 2 years ago?
No, is the answer.
Are Town in debt? no
Have Whitehaven's super fans gone missing by almost 50%? yes
Has Town's gates increased? Yes but not by as many as it should have.
On the whole I am happier to support a club on the upturn rather than a club who robbed their own community by spending money they didn't have.

The gap is closing faster than you think.

True points I think you will find.

I think you need to be careful about making accusations. When people go out to  rob, they do it intentionally. Unfortunately, going into admin is something that has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen for some clubs. It's unfortunate but it's not deliberate. I'm a copeland council tax payer but I do not and would not slate Haven or any other club for it happening. And I certainly wouldn't call them robbers.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #40 on: 26 Nov 2011, 10:42:42 am
So yet another world class Championship reserve team reject signs for Haven. :D :D :D

Ohh dear I hope that the 300 fans appreciate this Lupton fella, I wouldn't like to think what the monthy repayments to Brighthouse Finance are. Does the name Martin Woods mean anything my old jam quaffing marra  8)
aye 300 on a good day good old speedway to the rescue  :D :D :D
Serious question Haven 94 or anyone for that matter., Do you think the gap between Workington & Whitehaven has reduced?
maybe so but still in our shadow fact
born and bred haven.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 26 Nov 2011, 10:45:46 am
speedway crowds are well down nowadays so mr denham who all town fans hate but love his money forty faced or what!! will no doubt reduce his bills and one being how much town get.you town fans have very short memories youve forgot about getting whopped last season in the final or the club alledgedly setting ged up for the sack who was proven to be innocent, yet remember a time you won the cup!! i dont remember batley going on about winning it or sheffield every 5 mins get over it you won it and wont do it again.as for crowds your crowds will never go above 500 all season except when you play haven or barrow.ours will only grow again especially after this season.you aint signed anymore players coz you aint got the loot, amateurs it is then im afraid. roll on boxing day   :D :D :D :D :D and getemonside we all know whos the fool!!!
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2011, 12:26:03 pm by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 26 Nov 2011, 10:50:05 am

you,ve only got one and hes injury prone at that :D :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #43 on: 26 Nov 2011, 12:32:23 pm
So another post about OUR signing has quickly turned to be all about THEM.  :mess:

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 26 Nov 2011, 01:40:18 pm
speedway crowds are well down nowadays so mr denham who all town fans hate but love his money forty faced or what!! will no doubt reduce his bills and one being how much town get.

Denham has already sorted out the deal on the rent with Town for next season.... :nod:

Denham was holding back on confirming whether or not Comets ran next season was all to do with the fixture set for next season as he wanted the cost of going to away fixtures reduced.