HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is Thorp the next to go?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:43:03 pm
Thorp due to close in 2016 (i think). This is the date to which their current contracts last. There was a statement last week announcing that they would not be seeking any new contracts and the facility would close.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:44:03 pm
Thorp due to close in 2016 (i think). This is the date to which their current contracts last. There was a statement last week announcing that they would not be seeking any new contracts and the facility would close.
So what then for the 10,00 or so who work there?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:45:51 pm

there are around 600 who work there, Thorp is only a part of the Sellafield complex. They are talking about no compulsory job losses with jobs being "found" for those who want one.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:46:59 pm

there are around 600 who work there, Thorp is only a part of the Sellafield complex. They are talking about no compulsory job losses with jobs being "found" for those who want one.

Similar to Mox

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:47:40 pm

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:52:11 pm

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:54:15 pm
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:55:08 pm

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:57:11 pm
I start a new job down there myself tomorrow. After spending a fortune going up and down the country for interviews since graduating, I end up getting a job on my doorstep

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:59:35 pm
I seen that earlier

So thats 1 job in Copeland for every 10 people claiming "Dole" not including those who are unemployed and not claiming (I was one of those) and all those on some form of disability

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2011, 09:02:30 pm
It is a sory state at the moment. I think up here the government should look at getting these new build reactors kicked started asap and get jobs created that way.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2011, 09:03:05 pm
2018 is the date 800 work in Thorpe and a different scenario From mox

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #13 on: 29 Nov 2011, 09:07:08 pm

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 29 Nov 2011, 09:13:12 pm
Yep as I said 2018 not 2016