HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

No go For Bond

Boxer · 73 · 2901

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 02 Dec 2011, 11:38:10 am
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven

Another rejection from RFL.  Looks like Brocklebank is our likley option now.

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 02 Dec 2011, 11:39:20 am
its a real shame we can never pull of these sort of signings unlike the likes of sheffield etc
Haven Till I Die

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2011, 11:44:53 am
To me its indicative of the attitude of RFl to lower league clubs.  They dont seem to appreciate that clubs need to get fans interested and exited.  Just want us to chug along.  I would be worried if we are relying on karalius and Brocky next year - not sure what choice we have though.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 02 Dec 2011, 11:52:09 am
Gutted he looked class as well  :witch:

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 02 Dec 2011, 12:09:15 pm
Can someone explain to me why the work permit thing is routed through the RFL instead of the Home Office? Is it some sort of deal that has been set up officially?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 02 Dec 2011, 12:16:52 pm
cran.cran, the RFL agreed a principle with the UKBA regarding qualifications for foreign nationals from outside the EU  to come to play RL in Britain.

The conditions, criteria, etc, are set out  at  http://www.therfl.co.uk/operational_rules/rfl_gbe_requirements_2010 << Click on the Download link.

ADMIN EDIT: Link fixed :)
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2011, 12:33:06 pm by Flannerz »
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 02 Dec 2011, 12:37:51 pm
Look folks, rules are rules.............except of course when the RFL choose to bend and break them of course that is.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:03:20 pm
cran.cran, the RFL agreed a principle with the UKBA regarding qualifications for foreign nationals from outside the EU  to come to play RL in Britain.

The conditions, criteria, etc, are set out  at  http://www.therfl.co.uk/operational_rules/rfl_gbe_requirements_2010 << Click on the Download link.

Dear keith, would be interesting to know which particular criteria we didn't meet.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:19:25 pm
that is a shame about joe bond. i had heard a lot of good things about him :witch: :witch: :witch:
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:19:39 pm

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:20:44 pm
havent a clue how i put that post om up above - sorry.

Offline billybonzo

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:24:45 pm
cc The criteria that were not met related to the player's record. Did he play at a certain level etc? However in this case if he had played for PNG at an international level that would have been sufficient but the day before a Pacific Cup game against the Cook Islands (for which he had already been picked) he broke his hand in the last practice session. Therefore he did not play, therefore he was not an international, therefore no reccommendation from the RFL to the Border Agency to give him a work permit.
BUT there is a loophole - if the RFL think he is a good enough player and Haven cannot find one of comparable quality in Britain then they can make an exception. They decided he was not in that category, so no permit.

You wonder who makes the decisions on player quality - Mr. Woods, Mr. Lewis?

ca28

Reply #12 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:44:14 pm
Why don't they use the student visa for him, get him on a full time course and then let him play for Haven as work experience and lets say donate his money to a certain charity which he is the patron of..

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 02 Dec 2011, 01:54:16 pm
Cant work this out we cant get bond coz he,s not an international yet town for example got stack who obviously wasn,t an international(but played for aussie schoolboys) there must be a way around it

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #14 on: 02 Dec 2011, 02:12:08 pm
Problem solved :-

'if the RFL think he is a good enough player and Haven cannot find one of comparable quality in Britain then they can make an exception'.
[/i

Simply get the RFL to show us where we can get a guy of comparable quality, (they obviously know!!!) and then everyone happy, and of course the RFL have done some thing useful for a change.

OMG I find myself getting more cynical by the day......what should I do folks ??
:o :o