HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

BIG signing

town24 · 42 · 2311

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 07 Dec 2011, 12:21:46 pm
John Glover..........god that takes you back!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #16 on: 07 Dec 2011, 12:29:33 pm
John Glover..........god that takes you back!
big john took some putting down
born and bred haven.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2011, 12:47:21 pm
so did big john archer shaun the 4 of us that were bearing for him had to jump up and down on top of the coffin to get it down  into the grave, when we complained to the council they said it was due to cut backs.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2011, 02:28:16 pm
Glover also had a great turn of speed for a big man, one heck of a side step, hand off like a sledge hammer, tackled like a bear, great cover defence, read the game well and had a great rugby brain on him. Then he used to wake up in the mornings and had to face up to his limitations.  :o :o :o :o

Seriously, however he wasn't a bad prop, and could have been much better if only ........not sure how to end this compliment, can anyone help ?? I honestly don't know why he didn't achieve miuh more than he did.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2011, 03:30:28 pm
Glover if I'm correct signed from Rochdale, he was everything 01 said he was he completely outplayed us on his own in one game at the recre, on the strength of his performances we signed him.
Unfortunately the travelling seemed to affect his performances and he never fullfilled his real potential.
did he play for rochdale then us then go back to rochdale. he liked to charge up the left wing i remember was a big unit.
born and bred haven.

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2011, 05:40:32 pm
could polish off 4 gibson pies after the match then he would rip into the sandwiches

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 08 Dec 2011, 08:02:31 am
spot on with that craic kia i  seen him do it, if he had eaten pickled eggs before this performance he could then fire them into the dart board from 6ft, where do you think the character buttons from the cinderella pantomime came from ? yes you have guessed it the poor feller was just having a quick half in the pack horse and making his way up to the civic hall for his part in the opening  performance of cinderella when he walked in front of the dart board at the climax of big johns party piece resulting  in him getting a big leather button embeded right between the eyes hence bert sharples had to change the characters name from ralph to buttons and it has stuck ever since,and so as the button in the poor beggars head, the good news is he now gets seasonal work as a emergency coat hanger at large functions and parties etc, well not many people knew that, right it's time to take my tablets and i am off to tenerife.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 08 Dec 2011, 12:02:04 pm

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 08 Dec 2011, 07:37:33 pm

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 08 Dec 2011, 08:41:01 pm
JUST HEARD  THAT TOWN HAVE SIGNED EWEN DOWES AND PAUL COOKE LETS WAIT AND SEE

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 08 Dec 2011, 08:47:21 pm

dowes will be great in this league, paul cooke depends which one turns up, on his day very classey player but so many off field issue would take much for him to start he antics again, especailly if he is travelling from hull all the time
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #26 on: 08 Dec 2011, 08:48:52 pm

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 08 Dec 2011, 09:38:50 pm
:shake:yes lets wait and see unless they,ve been given a 500k salary cap i very much doubt either really although i was told today cooke had signed.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

ca28

Reply #28 on: 08 Dec 2011, 09:56:20 pm
If they have signed Cook, why sign Lupton ? They are both stand off's. However its a great signing for them.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 08 Dec 2011, 09:59:34 pm
To be fair if you take out Lupton Carter and maybe Matty and Miller i doubt they are paying very much to the rest .  No one else would . 

Towns season will be decided by injurys or at least whether key players remain injury free.  Its going to be an unusual squad a mix of the rich and the poor the talented and talentless  :D.