HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Running Penaltys

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:40:39 pm
Why o' why did we ort to kick for touch on two occasions in the first half although we were trailing by over 6 points there was still over half the game left. If we'd kicked both pens we would have drawn the game and im pretty sure won it as in the last 10 minutes we were all over Widnes.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:44:46 pm
Why o' why did we ort to kick for touch on two occasions in the first half although we were trailing by over 6 points there was still over half the game left. If we'd kicked both pens we would have drawn the game and im pretty sure won it as in the last 10 minutes we were all over Widnes.
i agree with you surely 4 points and A kick is better than just the 2, but whats happened has happened and theres nothing we can do about it .

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2006, 04:09:36 pm
thing about penaltys is it depends whats happening in the game...if you have been under the cosh for a while and having to bring the ball out of your own 20, then the last thing you want is to go for 2 points and a restart by running the ball out of your twenty again.....But  if you have been building pressure in their half of the field then is it not better to kick for touch and keep them umder pressure

i think what let us down the most was not being able to sustain pressure on them and get repeat sets of six...we looked to score off every play
THE MULLET IS BACK