HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Council tax fir 2007

Guest · 7 · 927

Monte2carlo

on: 27 Mar 2007, 08:35:55 pm
How can they justify charging me ?900.00 per year for a twice a month bin collection  and a street light. But the glossy brochure of them being smug about how good they are makes it alright.

Just 2 words for our council

DICK TURPIN

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2007, 08:45:10 pm
How can they justify charging me ?900.00 per year for a twice a month bin collection  and a street light. But the glossy brochure of them being smug about how good they are makes it alright.

Just 2 words for our council

DICK TURPIN

If you bothered to read your council tax bill thoroughly, you will find that only a small percentage of that goes to Copeland Borough Council (Approximately ?120) - the rest goes to the Police Authority (approx ?120 again) and the bulk of your Council Tax goes to Cumbria County Council.

So, ?120 for the emptying of your bins for a whole year is not bad in comparison is it?  Considering the County Council has control of street lighting, your roads, highways etc,  so if you want to rant about the roads that are full of holes, the speed humps that are ruining umpteen cars etc please carry on because on that point and that point only I would agree with you.

A little observation makes you learn a lot!

::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2007, 08:50:17 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Monte2carlo

Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2007, 08:53:12 pm
Its was a general rant, I am well aware of financial issues its a part of my job..

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2007, 09:08:25 pm
?900 monte!??!?!?!?!

you lucky bugger!!!

ours is ?1400!!!!!!

probably somewhere near to what daddy monte is paying too, and we get bugger all, bins dont get collected if you dont put them into the bloody wagon for them!!!, and thats quite literally!!!!!!!!!!

street lights?????????? nope dont remember them either!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2007, 09:14:54 pm
Its great value for money. You should be thankful that all the money is wisely spent by our beloved council at Carlisle or Kendal.

I mean the chief of cumbria county council gets over ?100,000, the leaders of the district councils get ?80,000+ for doing the same job, surely that is a job that only one man/woman can do.  Why do we need Allerdale, Copeland, Eden, South Lakes councils when one council would seem better value for money. Why do the police get do much money when there is less off them ?

Monte

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:31:15 pm
 :o :o

If you think that's bad - guess how much I pay?!

?0000.00
 :D  ;):D

Unlucky guys! But I'm sure it's worth it!

You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:46:20 pm
Now i know why my tax is so expensive :-[ i'm paying for you he he- not !!!

Monte