HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town Request Release From NRC

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 29 Dec 2011, 12:47:52 pm
Apparently Dave Bowden, Bluto and Ugg have requested release from their NRC obligations to allow more time to build their squad.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2011, 12:53:14 pm
what a joke if true,either compete in all comps or dont and if they dont want to throw them out the league alltogether
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:16:57 pm
If true that would be embarrassing but the welsh club was allowed to do it last year so what's the difference?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:21:17 pm
the welsh club were newly formed and therefore not ready to join the nrc.it does sound like town are trying to keep their squad for league games only, therefore less injuries.plus how can town afford to duck the nrc anyway,if this is at all true 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:27:17 pm
Less games = less wages and their elder statesmen won't have as many games to drag themselves through.

Apparently Lupton is having second thoughts about joining Town as he's been offered a good job by one of his wife's family friends during his recent visit to the USA.

Laughing stock.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:30:53 pm
them players are signed on a 12 month deals regardless of how many games they play so no savings there,they still get paid wether they play twenty or one game

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:32:03 pm
imo the way the comp is run i don't blame them, it was only 12 months ago posters on this forum were moaning and groaning about the whole event :witch:

Offline wigan106

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:33:52 pm
Less games = less wages and their elder statesmen won't have as many games to drag themselves through.

Apparently Lupton is having second thoughts about joining Town as he's been offered a good job by one of his wife's family friends during his recent visit to the USA.

Laughing stock.[/quote
Your the laughing stock pal, how long did it take you to make up all that nonsense. Did you enter the competition at Santon Bridge recently, you would have had a great chance !!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:37:52 pm
town fans have always slagged this cup off simply because they never have success in it.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:43:24 pm
They do indeed get paid contract money ( Lupton's is minuscule due to his ahem 'job'). However what they don't get is appearance, travelling and win money which to the majority of Town's squad is a significant percentage of their wages. With the Speedway money still to come in and the large amounts of cash that have been used both this year and last to snare Mattinson, Jackson, Armistead and now Thackary there is a significant gap in Towns accounts at the moment.

Hence Town's request to not participate in this seasons NRC.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2011, 02:29:18 pm
Lipton wanted to join haven but we couldn't give him a job like town could

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2011, 03:54:42 pm
Cord off the boxing day match,  crying off the NRC.   What next. R they just gonna ask the rfl if the can go directly to the playoff final!!   Oh what's the point they're useless at that to!!   

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2011, 05:43:33 pm
them players are signed on a 12 month deals regardless of how many games they play so no savings there,they still get paid wether they play twenty or one game
Another classic.
How do you know this? Are you privy to all player contract talks?
You are a complete fool. :-[

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 29 Dec 2011, 05:48:33 pm
Another classic.
How do you know this? Are you privy to all player contract talks?
You are a complete fool. :-[
you dont know what im privvy to  ;)once again personal abuse you really are a classic dave

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2011, 08:35:43 pm
Honestly I don't know who's worse the clown who makes this nonsense up or the utter idiots who believe it. As for the lupton crap, another load of made up nonsense.