HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trust in Haven Going Forward

Offline disquodave

• Academy Signing
on: 05 Jan 2012, 06:17:33 pm
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year which starts with an apology.

The meeting on 19th of December voted to re-constitute the trust but due to leave at
Supporters Direct I have not recieved anything back regarding the detail for the election of
new officers of the Trust. I have been informed that the Election support will be under the comtrol of Supporters Direct.

We can now take new memberships and the meeting voted that existing members will not have to pay subs for 2012.
Early next week when I have finally got the details and the members will all be informed of the election process.

We will be successful as a trust but I do not want to do anything wrong so have not reported anything until I was
correct.

Offline disquodave

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2012, 03:22:48 pm
The trust is a co-operative which is a goverment supported entity registered with the FSA ( Financial Services Authority) to provide a fan organisation with the legal position to allow the fans to hold shares in the club or even own the club. The fans have a say in all the opertional tasks such as fundraising and once shares are bought or given as has been promised can have a say in how the club is run. they can sponsor events and as the trust did last year sponsor the under 23's. Where the club needs help the fans can provide it through the trust either financial or in kind.
The trust has funds that were raised during 2011 and we want to be able to use these with fans support to help the club go forward as has happened with other trusts around the country.
The idea behind the trust system is to provide a symbiosis of fans and clubs to the benefit of both. This is working in all sorts of sports and Rugby at Whitehaven should also be able to go forward as team, club and fans together.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2012, 04:05:12 pm
Hear Hear! Agree with every word, Disquodave (except for possibly symbiosis???????)
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:53:03 pm
I haven't joined yet, but will be watching closely how it functions this time, and if all goes well will commit.

To my mind, if run properly, this is the way to go for all supporters associated with haven. Not knocking the other groups efforts however.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2012, 07:38:16 pm
I joined last year didn't get my certificate or membership card I'll be giving it a miss but good luck.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:10:42 pm
Im of the exact same stance as cbandg, as i imagine a few folk will be. They will want to see how things go before committing, last thing people want is to join only to suffer the same debacle as the last time.

Good luck to those who are working hard on this, I hope everything pans out
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2012, 12:39:29 pm
I joined last year didn't get my certificate or membership card I'll be giving it a miss but good luck.
snakey if you were a paid up member last year then this year will be free. the trust are looking for new members also.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2012, 01:53:58 pm
You've not changed haven94.   Still looking for freebies eh!!!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 07 Jan 2012, 01:59:14 pm
You've not changed haven94.   Still looking for freebies eh!!!
paid up member with the trust vice presidents and support group also sponsor a player and go home and away. do you 24/7   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 07 Jan 2012, 07:04:08 pm
I can't really see what effect a trust would do with regards the running of the club. At the end of the day surely the BOD will have the last say in things that would over-rule anything the trust wanted.

The best way for any trust to have a say in the running of their club is to raise a bit of cash and dangle the carrot. After all money talks :)

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 07 Jan 2012, 07:12:26 pm
By purchasing shares and having trust members on the Board, would give the trust not only a voice but the power to push through any matters they wish to pursue
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2012, 10:06:36 pm
And they are just gonna say ye come and join us  :shake:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 07 Jan 2012, 11:59:27 pm
By purchasing shares and having trust members on the Board, would give the trust not only a voice but the power to push through any matters they wish to pursue

How do you purchase shares ??

Offline disquodave

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 08 Jan 2012, 09:32:06 am
All existing Trust members there is no charge for 2012 we are looking for new members to go forward and if the membership wants it buy shares to give the trust a small
say in the running of the club. From there we get more involved building links directly between fans and the club BOD until the trust is represented on the board. Always being
guided by the membership. We have to walk before we can run mistakes have been made in 2011 these need correcting and part of this is to be able to approach the BOD with an open
mind make no demands, ask what they expect of the trust, what can the trust offer and work in harmony.

A note to people who have previously paid membership we require details please these will be checked and if shares/membership cards are not in existence then this will be
resolved. Please PM me regarding this else make any comments on the site and responses will be forthcoming.

LET us all go from strength to strength Haven Going Forward.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 08 Jan 2012, 10:19:28 am