Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2012, 12:11:49 pm
Seems like a good signing for town

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2012, 12:34:14 pm
A good signing by Town's meagre standards but not even in the top 3 centres in the Cumbrian amateur game.

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2012, 12:43:05 pm
Is king just to make up numbers ?? He is rubbish was when we had him many moons ago
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2012, 01:03:08 pm
not even in the top 3 centres in the Cumbrian amateur game.

That obviously isnt the opinion of the Cumbria Coaches who picked him for the team that won the County Championship!! Although would be good to see if Lofthouse,from Kells, fancied another crack at this level

With talk about limited funds and 2 ex SL regulars already procured, a local signing like this makes sense. Plus the lad wants to see if he can make the step up from the amateur game.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012, 01:09:03 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2012, 01:16:49 pm
A good signing by Town's meagre standards but not even in the top 3 centres in the Cumbrian amateur game.
I think you will find towns standards are pretty high, that's why we haven't been signing any old piece of rubbish no one else wants. In pretty sure you wouldn't put lupton,Thackeray and Phillips as a low standard. Dan will be mainly used as back up for jp and mossop, just because he isn't from Lancashire dosent mean he is of a low standard.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2012, 01:49:24 pm
Wonky do you also believe that Rooney is than Max Wiper?? (Who you surely cant count as a traveller by the way, seeing as he is from the Barrow area!!)

According to your post on your own forum you say you would rather sign local young lads, who cost less yet are better than our lancashire signings. Well we have signed a Cumbrian centre, that you must be having a seriois laugh if you think Rooney is better than. Especially as you have stated you have never even heard much of him,  never mind seen the lad play!!  :mess:
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2012, 02:49:59 pm
I didn't say anything about max wiper, although wiper will be your 1st choice centre and Rooney our 3rd so I don't think it's a fair comparison. But to say town have low standards is a joke.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2012, 02:51:41 pm
I didn't say anything about max wiper, although wiper will be your 1st choice centre and Rooney our 3rd so I don't think it's a fair comparison. But to say town have low standards is a joke.

And your 2 first choice centres would be 4th or 5th choices in our squad xx

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2012, 03:16:56 pm
I think you will find towns standards are pretty high, that's why we haven't been signing any old piece of rubbish no one else wants. In pretty sure you wouldn't put lupton,Thackeray and Phillips as a low standard. Dan will be mainly used as back up for jp and mossop, just because he isn't from Lancashire dosent mean he is of a low standard.
Thats a laugh any old rubbish.I suggest you read Mr tharkery's Twitter to why he signed for town .his words too good of a deal to turn down which includes on weeks when you have an away games he only has to train with you once.Nows there's commitment for you

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2012, 03:32:11 pm
Yeah i seen that on twitter as well.

The question is, if the offer was to good to turn down, how much are the jambos actually paying him.

Remember he will have been on good money at Barrow and Crusaders before that, so will have been on good wages there too and i'm sure championship clubs will have went in for him again when he was a free agent.

Possible he is highest paid player in championship 1 i would say.

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 06 Jan 2012, 04:00:59 pm

Your opinion mate. Obviously it's wrong, but your opinion. John Patrick is quality, and just because he's an ex jameaters dosent mean that he's rubbish, although I'm sure you and choccy will disagree. And Jason mossop is very underrated, not the most skilful going forward but his defence and hits are nasty

larlad

Reply #12 on: 06 Jan 2012, 04:23:10 pm
ha ha ha this is so funny taking fun out of the town signings your new coach was wanting to sign a binman from lancaster who plays for heysham atoms but has to have an op on a shoulder so its been put back for a while of course towns ex super league lads wont have a patch on him eh

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 06 Jan 2012, 04:26:14 pm
lofthouse (kells) fran king (wath brow) both better centres than rooney.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:10:36 pm

Your opinion mate. Obviously it's wrong, but your opinion. John Patrick is quality, and just because he's an ex jameaters dosent mean that he's rubbish, although I'm sure you and choccy will disagree. And Jason mossop is very underrated, not the most skilful going forward but his defence and hits are nasty

Not for one minute saying they,re bad players just that i believe mcavoy (by a distance) wiper and bauer are better players