HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Jam eaters sign Rooney & King

Offline Workingtonforever

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:13:59 pm
he is a lad with great potential and the fact he aint even played yet and is getting stick shows some folk have no clue. For example Brocklebank was still playing for egremont but played against pros and held his own last season.......... We will see how good both of our teams new signings are any good when the League starts, long long way to go yet.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:30:04 pm
macca and max are two class players and would walk into any team outside sl not sure on bauer

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #17 on: 06 Jan 2012, 06:36:38 pm
I didn't say anything about max wiper, although wiper will be your 1st choice centre and Rooney our 3rd so I don't think it's a fair comparison. But to say town have low standards is a joke.

Agred you didnt say anything about Wiper, BUT you were saying basically that your signings are local, better and cheaper than ours. So i was comparing our centre signings to prove a point.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012, 06:40:12 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 06 Jan 2012, 07:03:06 pm
macca and max are two class players and would walk into any team outside sl not sure on bauer
:D
no they wouldn't. IMHO of course

Clue - nickname Fev.

You lot are unreal.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012, 07:19:51 pm by GETEMONSIDE »

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #19 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:15:25 pm

Clue - nickname Fev.

You lot are unreal.

"We" are unreal?? One poster makes a statement based on their own opinion and the whole lot of us are unreal?!

Every fan will always believe that some players from their club are more "talented" than others. This is based on a slight bias, but mainly that thye see that player play most weeks, yet only see the opposition once in a blue moon.

Aren't most of your lot creaming their pants over young Phillips, some saying he better than most 2nd rowers in this league! Based on what exactly??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:19:52 pm
If Rooney is 22 how did he captain the Under 19s in 2010?

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:40:37 pm

Clue - nickname Fev.

You lot are unreal.

"We" are unreal?? One poster makes a statement based on their own opinion and the whole lot of us are unreal?!

Every fan will always believe that some players from their club are more "talented" than others. This is based on a slight bias, but mainly that thye see that player play most weeks, yet only see the opposition once in a blue moon.

Aren't most of your lot creaming their pants over young Phillips, some saying he better than most 2nd rowers in this league! Based on what exactly??
Now then Mr Dodger calm down.
All I did was point out a ridiculous statement "will walk into any side outside SL"

Do you agree they wouldn't?

I don't know about Phillips but feel free to have a go at the person who said about him been one of the best 2nd rowers in the league.

Admin edit: Cut out the personal abuse. If you have an issue then speak to the Admins directly. Referring to fellow posters as idiots is not going to be tolerated.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2012, 01:07:56 pm by Flannerz »

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #22 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:58:32 pm
I fully concur they wouldn't walk into any side outside of SL, but I would take a fully fit Scott McAvoy against any centre (again outside of SL).

Imo Wiper's defence needs some work on, but his attacking play is 2nd to none.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #23 on: 06 Jan 2012, 09:11:25 pm
Maca was always top class in Champ, and Max Wiper ? Just watch the lad go this year....he is class. Top class signing.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 06 Jan 2012, 10:27:06 pm
Talk about misleading topic titles, I thought they'd signed Jamie Rooney and Paul King!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #25 on: 06 Jan 2012, 10:34:14 pm
If Rooney is 22 how did he captain the Under 19s in 2010?

Apparently its his birthday today, which would mean that for 5 days in 2010 he was 19

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 07 Jan 2012, 12:07:24 pm
macca is the best centre in this league if not all leagues outside sl as for wiper he is also on course to be a exceptional centre and by the end of this season
i expect a championship team or sl team to be wanting his signature
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2012, 01:10:23 pm by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 07 Jan 2012, 12:09:01 pm
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 07 Jan 2012, 12:55:25 pm
hope not as i think we will be a championship club by next season so he wont have to go anywhere

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 07 Jan 2012, 01:13:11 pm
How can anyone say Rooney is a bad signing? Has anyone seen him play?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details