HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 01 Oct 2006, 08:48:04 pm
Its  an  old  cliche  but  today  we  were  clearly  robbed.  They  got  1  try  in  the  2nd  half  that  never  should  have  been.

Calvert  didn't  have  his  best  of  games  but  one  thing  he  did  do  was  get  his  hand  to  the  ball  1st  before  the  Widnes  player.  I  was  40  yards  away  and  could  clearly  see  what  happened.  Even  the  in  goal  touch  judge  who  was  about  3  yards  away  gave  it  as  no  try  but  amazingly  this  was  over-ruled  by  Kirkpatrick  and  a  try  was  given.

It  really  doesn't  surprise  me  though.  I  don't  think  the  RFL  wanted  us  there  at  the  GF  and  Kirkpatrick  In  my  opinion  was  well  aware  of  it.  Any  big  decision's  were  bound  to  go  against  us  and  save  the  RFL  the  potential  embarassment  of  us  winning  next  week.

DISGRACEFUL >:(

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2006, 09:55:57 pm
I  don't  think  the  RFL  wanted  us  there  at  the  GF
Please, stop this victim mentality, it was a poor decision (which I think we're all agreed on) but Calvert should have knocked it dead in the first place.  Calvert himself got a try last week which he didn't even ground and it was given, so what goes around comes around and all that.

That decision was unfortunate and we were unlucky on occasions today (as were Widnes - Kirkpatrick was bad to both teams), but to call it a conspiracy like that only comes across as sour grapes, when what we should really be doing is praising a good push in the play-offs from the lads.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2006, 10:55:33 pm
 We weren't robbed. If we had kicked all our conversions we would have had enough points. We have ourselves to blame. BUT what a performance. I can't say I've ever been that happy with a loss. Our lads gave 110% 1-17. That's all we can ask for. Next year IS our year.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline i love me

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2006, 11:07:42 pm
no one wanted us in super league, and all the ref's were going to do everything they could to keep us out. ganson did the same last week against batley. it worries me that these will be full time ref's next season in super league! ???

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2006, 08:18:19 am
We weren't robbed. If we had kicked all our conversions we would have had enough points. We have ourselves to blame. BUT what a performance. I can't say I've ever been that happy with a loss. Our lads gave 110% 1-17. That's all we can ask for. Next year IS our year.

How  could  Kirkpatrick  then  over-rule  the  in  goal  touch  judge  who  was  in  a  far  better  position  than  he  was.  If  the  IGTJ  had  given  it  then  fair  enough  but  to  go  against  a  blokes  decision  when  he  was  barely  3  yards  away  was  a  joke. 

I  know  its  history  now  but  that  one  decision  could have  cost  us  an  away  day  in  Warrington.

Offline havenette

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2006, 08:36:59 am
agree wid u m8 we were robbed the try for cas was calverts not theres n it wsnt a try they didnt want us to get to the grand final so they didnt have to pay us money

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2006, 11:47:44 am

How  could  Kirkpatrick  then  over-rule  the  in  goal  touch  judge  who  was  in  a  far  better  position  than  he  was.  If  the  IGTJ  had  given  it  then  fair  enough  but  to  go  against  a  blokes  decision  when  he  was  barely  3  yards  away  was  a  joke. 

I  know  its  history  now  but  that  one  decision  could have  cost  us  an  away  day  in  Warrington.

You had "in goal TJ's " last week against Batley when Calvert was given a try when he quite clearly bounced the ball so what's the point of them being there at all???    The decision went against you yesterday but others have gone your way over the season and any fan who says different, from whichever club he supports, only deludes him/herself.   Move on.     

Your team has done exceptionally well again this season and it was always going to be difficult having to face three full-time squads.   It will be no easier next year and the lack of depth in your squad could once again prove to be your downfall.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2006, 12:25:18 pm
the main problem with decisions going for you/against you and this thing about they even themselves out over the year is  wetend to get the ones in our favour when we are easily winning a game,ie calverts try last week and it being evened out with yesterdays decision which has possibly cost us a tight game

i would rather have not been awarded calverts try last week for the same thing to happen with the widnes try yesterday
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2006, 12:55:58 pm
What  I  would  love  to  know  is  why  did  Kirkpatrick  over-rule  his  touch  judge  ??  The  Ref  should  make  a  statement  on  why  he  made  that  decision.

Offline Shersh00

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2006, 01:07:45 pm
Agreed WRLFE, but he never will.  He'll just carry on refereeing in the same old way without any accountability, with the full support of Cummings.  What I want to know is why we have to put up with these Prima Dona's from SL refereeing the play offs when there are some good NL1 refs who have done the job all year and deserve their "moment of glory" at the end of the season.
Not often I agree with Keith, but its gone...move on, but at least one full-time NL team is going to be in financial schtuck after failing to win the holy grail of SL. 

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2006, 02:07:45 pm
i agree we were truly robbed 2day !! >:( that try should have never been given, i also wonder what would have happend if leiafa haddent kicked the ball owell theres always next year !! :) haven forever!!!
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline halfwayliner

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2006, 02:27:52 pm
I think DR knows now in his own mind after Sunday?s performance, what he needs for next season it is clear that there are 1 or 2 players not up to the mark at this level. If we are to move to the next stage and that hopefully will be at the end of next season (Super league) he needs to replace these guys and move the team on.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2006, 02:54:43 pm
no one wanted us in super league, and all the ref's were going to do everything they could to keep us out. ganson did the same last week against batley. it worries me that these will be full time ref's next season in super league! ???

they only give a good game when there on tele but when there not they do it there way for defo

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2006, 03:42:56 pm
The RFL definately didn't want us there thats why they gave us a usless ref and one who cheats over and over again. Eh Barrie Mc couldn't take it in the scrums n when we had the ball you spoil sport.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:14:06 pm
If  it  had  been  a  run  of  the  mill  league  game  maybe  it  would  have  been  easier  to  accept.  That  decision  by  Kirkpatrick  could  have  cost  the  club  many  thousands  of  pounds.

I  know  many  will  say  we  need  to  move  on  and  get  over  it  and  to  a  certain  extent  I  agree  but  when  you  really  love  the  club,  decision's  like  that  make  it  very  difficult  to  take.  If  I  was  a  bit  part  fan  then  maybe  it  would  be  water  of  a  ducks  back.  KK's  moment  of  sheer  lunacy  has  cost  be  a  day  next  Sunday  I  was  looking  forward  to. >:(