HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 04 Oct 2006, 08:09:53 pm
why doht you all go and buy the match video and have a look at the knock on that was in the try of leroys .im sorry to admit it but that wasnt a try anyway so im afraid it is the same for us.ive just watched it twice

What exactly was wrong with it. From what i saw on Border yesterday Macca passed the ball inside Cassidy knocked it ingoal and Leroy dropped on the loose ball i can't see what was wrong with it at all.

It is right that incident that cost teams games do tend to even themselves out but i went to the game on Sunday not expecting Kirkpatrick to give us any favours for obvious reasons. Overall i thought he had a pretty decent game apart from 1 decision which cost us the game in the end. Overall this season i can only remember 1 game where i think we were given the rub of the green on 50/50 decisions and it made a difference which was away to Leigh. Whereas there is plenty of times this season where we've been on the end of horrendous penalty counts mainly from the same ref who's not had a Haven game since the club complained.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #31 on: 05 Oct 2006, 07:35:41 am
Cant wait to see RL Raw on Sat!! Then the whole world can see that we wuz robbed!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 08 Oct 2006, 12:42:50 am
Cant wait to see RL Raw on Sat!! Then the whole world can see that we wuz robbed!

Well  I  taped  the  programme  and  watched  the  try  about  15  times  and  to  be  honest it  was  very  close.  Every  time  I  freeze  framed  it,  Calvert 's  hand appeared  to  be  nearer  the  ball  but  I  couldn't  actually  get  it  were  1  player  grounded  it.

Infact  as  both  Calvert  and  Blanch  went  for  it  a Widnes  player  followed  in  so  maybe  he  got  the  ball  down.  Pity  they  didn't  show  the  try from  another  angle.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 08 Oct 2006, 12:59:21 am
Not sure if Craig's hand did have downward pressure, but I thought the rules allowed for upper body in that situation which clearly did happen?
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 08 Oct 2006, 08:37:51 am

Well  I  taped  the  programme  and  watched  the  try  about  15  times  and  to  be  honest it  was  very  close.  Every  time  I  freeze  framed  it,  Calvert 's  hand appeared  to  be  nearer  the  ball  but  I  couldn't  actually  get  it  were  1  player  grounded  it.

Infact  as  both  Calvert  and  Blanch  went  for  it  a Widnes  player  followed  in  so  maybe  he  got  the  ball  down.  Pity  they  didn't  show  the  try from  another  angle.
We were sat right in front of Calvert and believe me he did get downward pressure but its gone now nothing is going to change it.  Hope Widnes win today for Mac and the ex haven lads.

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #35 on: 08 Oct 2006, 10:35:00 am
was tough to see last night
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 08 Oct 2006, 01:09:47 pm
To be fair the Widnes fans were right about the other try where they said we knocked on.  Hope the "RFL don't want us in the final" people feel a bit embarrassed now.

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 08 Oct 2006, 01:19:39 pm
WHATS BEEN HAS BEEN ALSO, CANT TURN BACK NOW
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 08 Oct 2006, 01:43:04 pm

It looked like Calvert tried to knock it dead but then it's not clear whether Blanch touched it down.

It was also not clear on RL Raw whether the In Goal TJ was pointing for a drop out or a 20m restart.

In support of KK he was actually nearer than the IG TJ and if he had no doubts then was correct to award the try. Any way it would have been a 10 minute video ref decision!!!
We were sat right in front of Calvert and believe me he did get downward pressure but its gone now nothing is going to change it.  Hope Widnes win today for Mac and the ex haven lads.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #39 on: 09 Oct 2006, 08:36:18 pm
The incident was inconclusive either way on RL Raw.   I have slowed it down and watched it several times and it looked like Calvert pushed the ball away and Branch touched the side of the ball, so I don't think the ref could be blamed for giving it either way.   

The Widnes fans disgraced themselves at Warrington yesterday.   Quite a number of stewards and police stood in front of them for  a while and the Head of Security closed down all the bars in the ground, including the tea and coffee and pie and peas outlets because of the trouble.    Whatever it was???   Several people around me were not amused as they had not had anything to eat for several hours.

Michael Smith was taking a bit of stick off a Widnes clown in the crowd and he just turned to him and said" Look at the scoreboard" and blew him a kiss.    O'Connor was warming up right beside Smith and he said something back to Smith, who just said, " We'll sort it outside after, okay".

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #40 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:35:04 am
The incident was inconclusive either way on RL Raw.   I have slowed it down and watched it several times and it looked like Calvert pushed the ball away and Branch touched the side of the ball, so I don't think the ref could be blamed for giving it either way.   

The Widnes fans disgraced themselves at Warrington yesterday.   Quite a number of stewards and police stood in front of them for  a while and the Head of Security closed down all the bars in the ground, including the tea and coffee and pie and peas outlets because of the trouble.    Whatever it was???   Several people around me were not amused as they had not had anything to eat for several hours.

Michael Smith was taking a bit of stick off a Widnes clown in the crowd and he just turned to him and said" Look at the scoreboard" and blew him a kiss.    O'Connor was warming up right beside Smith and he said something back to Smith, who just said, " We'll sort it outside after, okay".
interesting reading keith--i know o'conner was on a mission all match but he never really succeeded,time for him to pack in i think,first ive heard of the widnes fans going over the top to!!! they maybe had a premanition :D :D

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 10 Oct 2006, 11:48:20 am
Apparently it was not the Widnes fans.   An alleged Swinton fan had run onto the field from the end behind the sticks that Swinton and Widnes were sharing.   He was trying to get at one of the Sheffield players apparently.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

havenchris

Reply #42 on: 10 Oct 2006, 12:42:56 pm
the official reason the try was given was because both players missed it..calvert and Blanch..and Gleeson came in behind both of them and touched it down.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #43 on: 10 Oct 2006, 04:57:02 pm
ah well!!!  ;D
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 12 Nov 2006, 11:35:45 am
so why was the ingoal touchjudge there? if kirkpathead wasnt gonna use him?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL