HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Kompany

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
on: 10 Jan 2012, 06:14:01 pm
Has had his ban upheld by the FA and their Independant Commission, just thought all the Man United Haters out there would like to know

The Football Association has dismissed Manchester City's appeal against Vincent Kompany's red card he picked up against Manchester United.

Kompany was handed a straight red for his two-footed challenge on Nani during the FA Cup third round clash at the Etihad Stadium by referee Chris Foy.

City were furious with the decision and immediately confirmed their plans to appeal against the red card for their captain.

However the FA confirmed that an Independent Regulatory Commission had dismissed the claim.

Kompany will now serve a four-match ban as, together with the statutory three-match suspension, he gets an additional game because it is his second dismissal of the season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7421960/Kompany-ban-stands
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:31:28 pm
dear JD, that's an interesting post, they have a very quick way of dealing with things. Did you think it was a red card offence I wasn't sure -again video ref??

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:43:18 pm
cran.cran,

it wasnt even a free kick never mind a sending off, it is now an offence to play for and win the ball!

just as with jay spearing at fulham

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you just happen to be englands darling, the FA will try to get your ban, for a cowardly kick from BEHIND on your opponent, overturned or at the very least reduced
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:10:22 pm
I agree regarding rooneys ban, but unfortunately the fa and uefa has different rules when it come to appealing red cards.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:11:51 pm
Big Fella, shame on you for attempting to point score, by bringing an incident up from a totally different game. Although that particular episode deserves its own thread, and one in which the FA should be slated for what they did!!!

Cran Cran I have stated elsewheremy feelings on the incident. Somebody who is a club captain, on millions of piunds a year to play football and has been sent off already this season, should now that on such a wet surface as it was on Sunday, going in with 2 feet, studs showing is at least very unwise.

By doing what he did he made the referee make a snapshot decision. The only 2 outcomes from the decision Kompany forced him to make was play on or red card. Imo it could have gone either way. He won the ball, definitely. But if he hadn't of lunged in with studs on show would he have still won it?? It was ridiculous of him to do considering it was against Nani. As if Nani would endanger himself enough to go into a 50/50 with a bloke like Kompany!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:13:26 pm
never was a red card he never even touched him absolute diabolical and should of been reduced to a yellow,should of snapped his
ankles off
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:16:05 pm
never was a red card he never even touched him absolute diabolical and should of been reduced to a yellow,should of snapped his
ankles off

It doesnt matter if you touch the player, if you lunge in with both feet and studs showing you run serious risk of being sent off

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:44:41 pm
 :witch:The rules state that if a players uses excessive force when making a tackle the ref can send the said player off. The ref deemed this as accessive force.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2012, 08:46:25 pm by rockerlad »
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2012, 10:59:21 pm
In my opinion, it was a foul - maybe even a yellow, but definitely not a red.

Thing is, the FA will not overturn a red card if the video evidence is not 100% conclusive that a wrong decision has been made (i.e. clear daylight between a defenders leg and a player falling). I refer you to Joey Barton on the rough end of one last week which could feasibly still be regarded as a sending off. They do this to support the referee, rather than to brown nose United as has been the rather ludicrous accusation above.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2012, 11:51:26 pm
The funniest thing about Barton was he was making such a fuss about how easily Johnson went down......Hang on Joey, dont you mean just like you against Arsenal in the first game of the season?? Short memory has our Joey!!!!

Harbouragruge, the problem with that type of incident involing Kompany is that if its a foul then it has to be a red card

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2012, 12:15:33 am
ankles off

It doesnt matter if you touch the player, if you lunge in with both feet and studs showing you run serious risk of being sent off

not much later in the game a certain mr giggs went thru the back of a city player, studs showing never got anywhere near the ball, so therefore should have been sent off..........didnt even get a yellow card!!!!

fans players and managers just want a bit of consistency, sadly lacking by chris foy on sunday
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:00:26 am
:witch:The rules state that if a players uses excessive force when making a tackle the ref can send the said player off. The ref deemed this as accessive force.
which rules alex fergusons or the fa,s,that was never a red card they should get them to play rugby league for a season to toughen them up a bit.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:02:51 am
ankles off

not much later in the game a certain mr giggs went thru the back of a city player, studs showing never got anywhere near the ball, so therefore should have been sent off..........didnt even get a yellow card!!!!

fans players and managers just want a bit of consistency, sadly lacking by chris foy on sunday

Well, puppetmaster, he came in from the side, didn't get the ball and - yes - should have got a yellow. So poor refereeing from Chris Foy on that one. Perhaps it didn't help that the City fans were calling for a card after EVERY single foul.

Can't say I'm a nautral but, if I was, I would congratulate the referee for not giving City all the decisions in the second half and not, say, eveing things up with sending a United player off for two soft yellows. Referees should give every decision on its merits and not try to compound an earlier bad call.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:14:10 am
ankles off

Well, puppetmaster, he came in from the side, didn't get the ball and - yes - should have got a yellow. So poor refereeing from Chris Foy on that one. Perhaps it didn't help that the City fans were calling for a card after EVERY single foul.

Can't say I'm a nautral but, if I was, I would congratulate the referee for not giving City all the decisions in the second half and not, say, eveing things up with sending a United player off for two soft yellows. Referees should give every decision on its merits and not try to compound an earlier bad call.

Just like the BLATANT penalty he didnt give Uited in the 2nd half.

Roll on round 4 and the KKK

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:58:52 am
So basically Man Utd Fans think it was a red card and everyone else doesn't.

Either way it was given, I'm no football supporter and I didn't watch the game, I escaped to the gym instead haha