HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

1 Moore signing...Perhaps

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
on: 20 Jan 2012, 06:40:33 pm
Wakefield have agreed to release Scotland international Gareth Moore from the final year of his contract so he can take up a job outside the game.

The half-back joined the Wildcats on a two-year deal from Batley last April and made five Super League appearances.

However he has now decided to turn his back on the professional game.

"The option was there to try and fight for my place or take up the offer of a business venture," said Moore.

"I've got a young family and they have to be my number one priority so I came to the conclusion that the best decision for me and them was to take up this new opportunity."

Wakefield chief executive James Elston added: "We saw Gareth as a potential Super League player so we're disappointed but understand the pressures of home life that have led to his decision."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12208/7444422/Wakefield-release-Moore
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2012, 06:41:40 pm
Granted if he stays in the game its more likely he'l sign for a Yorkshire semi pro club (assuming business venture is based that way)

Do we want him??

Have we the money to sign him??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2012, 08:28:36 pm

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2012, 08:32:15 pm
That was quick

Must have been more or less sorted before his official release. That should see Palfrey not getting much game time

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2012, 09:59:49 pm
That was quick

Must have been more or less sorted before his official release. That should see Palfrey not getting much game time
[/quote

Palfrey is playing fullback

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2012, 10:44:14 pm
Not sure about his defence, but should definitely make a decent attacking full back

Interesting to see how he goes