HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Post something from Rugby League which made you..

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #16 on: 17 Jan 2012, 10:27:14 am
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 17 Jan 2012, 10:30:00 am
don fox missing a match winning kick at wembley, then to be comforted by matt mcleod

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2012, 10:54:19 am
don fox missing a match winning kick at wembley, then to be comforted by matt mcleod

Ayyyyy, Pooower Lad!
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2012, 11:07:59 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JNTrJ4arj4

doran on 49 secs brilliant mrs razz will like this
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2012, 11:23:50 am
While I'm on, here's another fond memory for town fans. When I followed town, (I switched to haven when they sold Boxer and their great pack after the Lanc's Cup win), ............

A game Vrs St Helens at Derwent Park, the match was tight as a drum throughout, town took the game 4=0 and Iain McCorquodale won the game by kicking a penalty, just after half time, from 3 yards inside his own half. Saints then kicked the ball directly into touch from the restart, and Iain took the resulting penalty from the centre spot and kicked that too.

Sorry no video havendan, just vivid memories.  :o  :o  :o

That's my memory anyway, someone may destroy it however, but that's how I recall it. (Keith can you confirm ??)
Dear C01, I am sure I was at that match? ? Town had a prop [from Lancashire] playing for them, he was a bit of a rough diamond and I can't remember his name but he perhaps won the man of the match, to this day I recall thinking that was the best performance I have ever seen a player put in, not spectacular but he covered every blade of grass on derwent Park. sadly when lower clubs [no offence] win the like of the lanc's cup it's inevitable the big boys step in and carve up the team [usually cheaply] i.e. Sunderland when they won the F.A.cup. Two other memories - I hope I am right, Jim Powe scored what many believe to be the best try ever scored at the rec', think it was Featherstone, midweek game at start of season and before lights were thought of [in those days we used to get a couple of evening games in before the clocks altered]. lastly [though I could go on and on we played barrow who had signed the then LEGEND Keith Jarret it was blowing a hoolie and Jarret dropped a goal and he kicked it such an angle that we sort of collectively said "ha ha where the .... is kicking that" the wind took it perfectly and it sailed between the post, not luck but sheer masterful skill, the whole ground erupted in applause.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 17 Jan 2012, 11:59:57 am
BKM:

That's the one. Thank you so much.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #23 on: 17 Jan 2012, 02:44:24 pm
So was I, and later into Blackpool to celebrate.  :D
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2012, 06:14:24 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 17 Jan 2012, 05:07:21 pm
i think that was the 77 semi your on about cbandg,finished 5-4 to town and was the player cran crans on about derek watts???i actually missed that match(was on hols in blackpool!!!)but managed to get to the final at warrington!!happy days ..bring back the lancs cup i say  ;D there didnt seem to be the animosity there is nowadays between town and haven,we used to go the rec now and again to actually cheer haven on!!!remember you beating fev in the challenge cup???and also the superstars of salford in the floodlight trophy??

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 17 Jan 2012, 07:07:57 pm
i think that was the 77 semi your on about cbandg,finished 5-4 to town and was the player cran crans on about derek watts???i actually missed that match(was on hols in blackpool!!!)but managed to get to the final at warrington!!happy days ..bring back the lancs cup i say  ;D there didnt seem to be the animosity there is nowadays between town and haven,we used to go the rec now and again to actually cheer haven on!!!remember you beating fev in the challenge cup???and also the superstars of salford in the floodlight trophy??
dear w, thanks for that and that's the very man on that day he was awsome as they say, was it also against St.helens? On you 100% about the Lanc's cup but alas they don't want a cup that the likes of a Cumbrian club could win!Though there have been one or two things in the press of late.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 18 Jan 2012, 01:04:40 am
Wesley Wilson scoring the first try in the NL1 final, the place went nuts
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze