HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

NL leagues without sponsor

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
on: 14 Jan 2007, 10:12:42 am
The National League is without a sponsor following the withdrawal of LHF Healthplan at the end of last season

i think british eurosport will sponsor us

HM

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2007, 11:42:46 am
I doubt it marra they are going to make their money by selling advertising on the tv games. I believe that the clubs will not be very well compensated for being on tv if at all.  LHF came in when there were no sponsor and put in quite a bit of money not only to the league but also into community initiatives in the country.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:51:57 am
Still no news on a sponsor????   ??? ???
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2007, 06:38:21 pm
Nope there is still apparently no new sponsor which is a bit of an embarrassment for the R.L.  LHF decided not to carry on and that was a shame as they were top class.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2007, 02:19:49 pm
There will probably be a sponsor announced before the start of NL campaign - the RFL are in negotiations!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2007, 07:57:54 pm
Especially  with  SKY  showing  live  games

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2007, 08:23:40 pm
is they any news of the NL leagues sponsors yet

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2007, 08:56:54 pm
is there still no sponsor...with live games how can they fail to get  a sponsor
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2007, 04:41:46 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2007, 04:12:39 pm
any news on sponsor as the new season starts on thursday with widnes V leigh which should be a good game

Tommy43

Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:27:05 pm
Think league is now sponsored by Co-op

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:55:34 pm
Think league is now sponsored by Co-op
does that mean we get dividend as we pay at turnstiles? : ;D

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:03:43 pm
 Here you go:

Clubs outside Super League are celebrating a sponsorship deal with United Co-operatives for the National League.

The Rugby Football League have agreed a "substantial six-figure sum" for the Co-operative National League, which will run initially for two years, with an option for a third.

Bill Hoult, president of Rochdale-based United Co-operatives, said the League's recent deal with Sky to provide live coverage of National League matches from Easter helped clinch the deal.

"We are heavily involved in community initiatives and we see this sponsorship as a natural fit," he told a news conference in Leeds.

"The television deal is the icing on the cake because it will give us additional exposure."

It is thought the National League clubs will receive a ?4,000 payment each time they appear on television.

The Co-operative take over from LHF Healthplan, whose sponsorship deal ran out at the end of last season.

After recently unveiling Carnegie as the new backers for the Challenge Cup, the RFL have now successfully plugged the gaps.

RFL executive chairman Richard Lewis described today's deal as "excellent", hailing it as "another hugely positive commercial success for the sport".

The Co-operative National League season kicks off on Thursday, April 5 with a clash of former Super League clubs Leigh and Widnes and will reach a climax with the Grand Finals day on Sunday, October 7, with Headingley Carnegie today announced as the venue.

From sporting life
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:43:20 pm
4  grand  for  a  televised  game  is  nothing.  When  we  play  Cas,  instead  of  a  4000+  gate  we  would  probably  get  about  2500  as  many  Cas  fans  would  rather  stop  at  home  and  watch  it.  That  could  work  out  a  loss  of  20K  to  the  club.  15K  a  game  would  be  a  more  realistic  figure >:(