HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Calvert

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
on: 01 Oct 2006, 08:52:24 pm
Calvert was really poor today. He made to many mistakes. He couldn't even make a simple tackle which lead to there full back scoring under the sticks and why oh why everytime he gets the ball does he run sideways

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2006, 09:04:57 pm
iv got a lot of time for the lad just think he was no where near his best and his speed he had non today he let blanch out run him when normally he would have cought him no bother feel sorry for the lad eh though

wheres the super fast craig we needed u today marra

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2006, 10:05:28 pm
I think Craig will be the first person to say he had a bad game.  He had difficulty in situations where the pressure was on him and it cost us today, which is a shame for us and definitely for his morale.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2006, 10:22:52 pm
I said it earlier and i will say it again John Lebbon should never have been dropped just because Calvert was fit.
All Calvert has is pace he needs to shape up or ship out back to amateur RL.
2 seasons and he still can't tackle.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2006, 10:59:27 pm
 You do wonder what could have been if Lebbon had been in the squad.... but it's over. Let's Hammer Town on Boxing day eh  ;) ;) :D
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2006, 11:20:29 pm
when i think now i cant blamehim he tried his best but i hope it makes him stronger for next year and hopefully he will beef up a little then get himsel as fit as he can for the start of the season cos next year will be our year and he i no matter what people say a first team player who is not just a fantastic player but a fantastic finisher of the ball so all cant be blamed on him

come on craig lad sort the mess out for the new season and ul be unstopable

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2006, 08:00:12 am
i remember on the previous forum when some of us  said John Lebbon should not have been dropped, all the calvert fans saying HE was the one who could win us GF's...<like he did the last 2 i suppose!!> well, i guess we have to wait til next season for him to prove you all correct!?!?! what happened yesterday??

surely players should be picked on form, not reputation, so Lebbon should not have been dropped for calvert,IMHO
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2006, 10:06:59 am
For  me  Calvert  is  still  a  quality  winger.  Given  any  player  on that  feild  yesterday  my  money  would  be  on  him  to  go  the  full  length.  His  missed  tackle  on  Blanch  led  to  their  try  but  how  many  players  miss  a  tackle  during  the  game.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2006, 02:48:52 pm
people on the cass site are saying blanchy out run him for pace which from the angle i was sitting i could see him turn catch up but miss the tack on him any1 confirm what happend

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:30:58 pm
He missed him once when the play was on the Widnes try line then again after he caught up with him. To be honest it looked more like he was trying to stroke his hair than tackle him.

I may get critcised for saying this but Calvert was a disgrace yesterday and showed me no reason why he should have been playing in such a big game. Next season really is the acid test for him next season, he lost us the game yesterday and either he improves his tackling and attitude or he leaves the club. Simple.

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:07:21 pm
Must admit he did have a awful game, probably his worst ever for Haven.  Really needs to improve his tackling a lot, but is that what he is in the squad for or his it for his 20+ tries he scores every year.
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:49:12 pm
really do like the lad and is a first team player for me without a dought a lot better than lebbon when hes on form but how old is he 22 give the lad the time to gain exsperience and mature into a real star that all the doughters will be apologising to him come a couple of seasons or even next year

his record dont lie

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2006, 10:14:35 pm
id put calvert in the u21s to gain confidence and put rob jacko on the wing with maden on the other and have mcavoy and nanyn centres see how that works out would also have matty as 6 next season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 03 Oct 2006, 08:29:00 am
Everyone  has  a  bad  game  at  some  point.  Its  just  a  pity  Sunday  was  Craigs.

At  the  end  of  the  day  though  if  you  had  to  put  your  mortgage  on  1  player  to  go  full  length  of  the  pitch  it  would  be  Calvert.  He  missed  the  tackle  on  Blanche  but  caught  him  up  just  passed  the  halfway  line  only  to  miss  him  again. :o

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 03 Oct 2006, 12:42:13 pm
When he started at Haven his weak point was his tackling and all round defensive play. Two years later he has still to learn how to tackle. Lebbon may not have Calverts pace but his tackling is 100% better than Calverts. Dont forget games are won on defence as much as attack.

Calvert has had two years to improve his defence yet still his defence is below what you'd see on Kells Welfare in an u16s game.

Hes not good enough.

Simple.