HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Calvert

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 03 Oct 2006, 03:38:48 pm
exactly!!!!!!!!!!
pace is one thing but at the moment he isnt using it, on kick returns he tends to run across the pitch instead of forward

for me jonh lebbon is a more secure all round player, better in defence, better under a high ball and better at running it back, ok so he doesnt have calverts pace but thats only one thing!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #16 on: 03 Oct 2006, 04:24:12 pm
not a very good game for calvert :-[
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 05 Oct 2006, 12:58:53 pm
if i were DR i wud play calvert on the wing for the northernrail cup games and on the bench or in the U21's for the league games until he can prove to the coach that he can tackle and run forwards instead of sideways and i would replace him with john lebbon or derry eilbeck

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 05 Oct 2006, 09:57:47 pm
maybe Dave will get Craig working on his tackling pre season
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 05 Oct 2006, 10:15:36 pm
maybe Dave will get Craig working on his tackling pre season
I HOPE SO

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2006, 10:57:52 pm
Having spoke to Craigs dad on monday Craig knows he had a bad game and is gutted.  He does'nt need telling he was distraught.  He never cost us the game, Rudd never cost us the game we win as a team and loss as a team. At the end of the day we need to get over it and concentrate on next season. 

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2006, 11:19:50 pm
Having spoke to Craigs dad on monday Craig knows he had a bad game and is gutted.  He does'nt need telling he was distraught.  He never cost us the game, Rudd never cost us the game we win as a team and loss as a team. At the end of the day we need to get over it and concentrate on next season. 

Problem isn't with that 1 game, he's been poor all season whereas John Lebbon was playing superb when he got his chance.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #22 on: 06 Oct 2006, 07:17:35 am
Calvert is class John Lebbon is lazy thats why he hasnt been in the squad all season
Can't stand Jam, eh!

haven1985

Reply #23 on: 06 Oct 2006, 08:29:35 am
you only think calvert is class because of is pace please tell me when you seen calvert bust a tackle when hes on thee attack or even attempt to make a good tackle.... im sorry Lebbon for me calvert has had a poor season he just runs across the field making no yards where he should be going forward even if it is only making 5-10 yards its an improvement......   And what is the handbrake crack wid calvert he just stops and drops before he is tackled.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2006, 02:35:38 pm
I don't think the coach publicly critcising him during the Batley match on RL Raw would do his confidence much good either!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 06 Oct 2006, 02:59:12 pm
all im saying is calvert and maden are the two best wingers we have end of i know lebbon and eilbeck are good but they arent in the same league as maden and calvert but derry is very good in the centre he should stay there he aint got the speed of a winger hes very strong for his size so should be in that position for me

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 06 Oct 2006, 03:04:41 pm
John Lebbon is lazy thats why he hasnt been in the squad all season
yes he has he played for us in the NRC and played for us against hull kr t home as well as having other league games. and yeah he is lazy thats why he bursts tackles and scores a try nearly every game that he plays in

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 06 Oct 2006, 04:09:06 pm
im sorry to say but the only thing calvert has is speed and he doesnt use it he runs sideways now whereas in his first season - 2 seasons he used to run straight but it isnt all hes fault because we used to put kicks over for him to run onto and we dont any more but the problem is he isnt strong enough pysically he isnt strong enough to make a tackle or bust the line. he doesnt have a good rugby brain by that i mean he doesnt know where to stand when the opposition has the ball i often see hes center telling him where he should be but then again he is young and can only improve
haven till i die

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 06 Oct 2006, 04:28:34 pm

Problem isn't with that 1 game, he's been poor all season whereas John Lebbon was playing superb when he got his chance.
[/q

uotepoor all season ???? leading try scorer  by the way. martin offiah wasnt a tackler either if you remember. give the lad a break
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 06 Oct 2006, 04:39:34 pm
you can not blame calvert for costing us the game .only one person cost us the game that was berkpatrick