HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sice needs to grow up.

XIII · 36 · 3038

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 26 Mar 2007, 06:18:07 pm
Why is it when Sice dosen't play he dummy comes out but when anyone else dosen't play its accepted profesionally and they get on with it even if they don't like it.

Compare Lesters comments in the press recently i.e "I'll have to fight for my place" "I might not get in the team" etc to Sices reaction.  Has Elibeck , Duffy, Jackson, Broadbent, Mattinson, Joe etc all of whom have either been rested or played out of positon acted like a big child.

Sice is a great player and a valuable member of the squad but he needs to act wih far more maturity than he seems capable of doing.  It only reflects on himself.

Rotheram is paid to pick the team and thats where its starts and finishes.  If the team does crap he gets sacked..so at least allow him to be the master of his own destiny.  Thats whats he is paid to do.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2007, 06:30:58 pm
great players such as sice will be anoyed getting left out because

1 its town
2 he likes to play rugby
3 he dosent wonna lose his place

simple i would not be happy i would want to play all the time

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2007, 06:34:24 pm
Why is it when Sice dosen't play he dummy comes out but when anyone else dosen't play its accepted profesionally and they get on with it even if they don't like it.

Compare Lesters comments in the press recently i.e "I'll have to fight for my place" "I might not get in the team" etc to Sices reaction.  Has Elibeck , Duffy, Jackson, Broadbent, Mattinson, Joe etc all of whom have either been rested or played out of positon acted like a big child.

Sice is a great player and a valuable member of the squad but he needs to act wih far more maturity than he seems capable of doing.  It only reflects on himself.

Rotheram is paid to pick the team and thats where its starts and finishes.  If the team does crap he gets sacked..so at least allow him to be the master of his own destiny.  Thats whats he is paid to do.

well said marra,,,all this talk of bring back ste mac,,,,,,what a load of tosh >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2007, 07:53:06 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2007, 06:37:35 pm
but the problem is sice wasnt rested !!
he was dropped what has he done wrong to be dropped?? nothing at all

sice is the best number 9 at the club he is light years ahead of matty

smith is the best 13

lesters knows he wouldnt get into the team because he is getting old now and he knows sice is the best lad to replace him

but why does sice always get dropped when it comes to hookers being left out why not lester or matty ? they are only ever left out if injured thats why matty didnt play at barrow along with lester they were injured not rested

id have steve mack over rotherham any day

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2007, 06:57:26 pm
agree on both acounts there haven champs

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:00:11 pm

i'd have FLEETWOOD MAC over rotherham any day!!! ;D ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:31:06 pm
 :D :D

lowca

Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:48:09 pm

Havenchamp 2005 Matty wasn't injured, he was fit to play against Barrow.

Dave Rotherham left him out (dropped) call his non inclusion what you like.

Get your facts right and stop babying put your dummy back in.
 (Stop watching Haven if you dont get own way).

Steve Mack chose Widnes over Whitehaven I wouldn't have him bach.

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:52:51 pm
matty was injured  ::) he had a cut to the head the week before and it required stitches wich ruled him out

most people would rather have steve mack than dr

lowca as for stopping watching haven ive supported them 14-15 years now when tamti was destroying this club come rain or sunshine i was there on the popularside with the other 600-700 who were watching them then! and a player like carl sice only come round rarely and to lose him would be a very very big mistake by DR so if i dont want to waste my money watching a team without its best player its my choice and one that is looking very likely

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:53:48 pm
Dropped /rested its all the same.  half the team have been dropped / rested or played out of position this year.  lester has been fit to play for two weeks but hasn't played.  he has publicllly supported his team mates and recognised the competion.  he has even said he would train hard and enjoy it.  Duffy has missed a couple Broadbent has played at centre.  Elibeck and mattinson have missed out.  As has Jackson.  not a murmour from any of them.

Being a professional is about far more than getting paid.  No one is saying you should be happy at getting dropped / rested or whatever, but being part of a team is just that you accept the decisons and work even harder to get back.  Its baout being a "team player" which i don't think Sice is unless everything is going his way.

As I said before he is a good player some aspects of his game are very good, everyone has different opinions as to whether he is better than Smith , Mattinson or Lester.  In the end if you can't be a team player and deal with competion and abide by the coaches decison you are not much use to the team.

Once he sits down and works this out he will be a much better player and person.  He has had personal problems which may or may not be a symptom of his maturity..but he needs to learn fast.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:19:09 pm

who said sice has spit out the dummy...only some rumours on here . he wasnt happy bout not playing (which is a good thing)

thats a long way off spitting the dummy out
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:21:52 pm
but the problem is sice wasnt rested !!
he was dropped what has he done wrong to be dropped?? nothing at all

sice is the best number 9 at the club he is light years ahead of matty

smith is the best 13

lesters knows he wouldnt get into the team because he is getting old now and he knows sice is the best lad to replace him

but why does sice always get dropped when it comes to hookers being left out why not lester or matty ? they are only ever left out if injured thats why matty didnt play at barrow along with lester they were injured not rested

lester was left out of the donny and barrow games and was fit for both
THE MULLET IS BACK

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:28:55 pm
said in the press he had a trapped nerve in his knee wich takes 2-3 weeks to heal

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:38:28 pm
Dropped /rested its all the same.  half the team have been dropped / rested or played out of position this year.  lester has been fit to play for two weeks but hasn't played.  he has publicllly supported his team mates and recognised the competion.  he has even said he would train hard and enjoy it.  Duffy has missed a couple Broadbent has played at centre.  Elibeck and mattinson have missed out.  As has Jackson.  not a murmour from any of them.

Being a professional is about far more than getting paid.  No one is saying you should be happy at getting dropped / rested or whatever, but being part of a team is just that you accept the decisons and work even harder to get back.  Its baout being a "team player" which i don't think Sice is unless everything is going his way.

As I said before he is a good player some aspects of his game are very good, everyone has different opinions as to whether he is better than Smith , Mattinson or Lester.  In the end if you can't be a team player and deal with competion and abide by the coaches decison you are not much use to the team.

Once he sits down and works this out he will be a much better player and person.  He has had personal problems which may or may not be a symptom of his maturity..but he needs to learn fast.

Answer this then

When was the last time these players were dropped from a meaningful match

Broadbent
Calvert
Maden
Rudd
Duffy
Trindall
Miller

havenchamps2005

Reply #14 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:42:01 pm
correct (my last post ;D)