HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

sice or rotherham

Guest · 28 · 2274

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:18:57 pm
What about the third option BOTH stay put.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:35:49 pm
Yet another pointless attack on the coach.  Carl Sice is just another member of the squad no better or worse than anyone else. There are 17 places up for grabs each game we have 38 players you do the maths.  God help us when we do LOSE a game if this is the rubbish you spin out when we won. 

Totally  agree.  No  one  player  is  bigger  than  the  club  even  if  he  is  as  good  as  Sicey.  I  can  understand  his  dissapointment  at  being  dropped  but  personally  I  think  its  more  for  tactical  reason's  than  for  anything  else.

Lets  face  it  were  in  a  poor  NRC  group.  If  we  were  pitched  with  the  likes  of  Widnes  or  Leigh  then  fair  enough  DR  would  probably  have  to pick  his  best  team  but  for  games  against  Town  and  Blackpool  you  can't  really  blame  him  for  resting  players  or  even  playing  players  in  a  different  position.  Surely  he  has  to  try  different  permutations  so  when the  real  nitty  gritty  starts  he  knows  were  the  team  stands.

Personally  I  think  this  is  all  a  storm  in  a  tea  cup  but  if  Sice  does  get  frozen  out  then  DR  is  making  one  very  big  mistake.  It  might  ease his  selection  problems  if  Sice  is  taken  out  of  the equation  but  can  we  afford  to  lose  a  lad  of  his  ability  with  SL  beckoning

havenchamps2005

Reply #17 on: 26 Mar 2007, 07:38:17 pm
no champ it didnt make cullen a bad coach he turned the club around but what has dr done since he came to this club??

signed smith leafa and fletcher? beat a bad workington team 4 times? beat a struggling leigh team twice? beat hull kr with 4 first teamers in??

thats all that he has done oh and went fishing alot  :D :D

if sice goes i think alot of fans will follow as we all know who the best hooker at the club is and his name is CARL SICE

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:25:24 pm
can the mods please lock this thread it is pointless and is just one persons way of coach bashing

grow up young man
THE MULLET IS BACK

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 26 Mar 2007, 08:33:41 pm
the best hooker was starting yesterday and its A Smith, notice the next time he is playing tthe ball from dummy half how FAST he is compared to Carl Sice

No player is bigger than the club

Monte

PS champ would you like the video clip of the sleeping policeman ?

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 26 Mar 2007, 09:14:10 pm
Yeah sure do monty he didnt believe me when i told him  :D :D

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 26 Mar 2007, 09:43:15 pm
is it not about time u all grew up n let the coach get on with his job . if u want some thing to moan about why got go n join town

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #22 on: 26 Mar 2007, 11:13:25 pm
 This is getting boring. Let the coach do his job! If we're losing, then have a dig! The real test will be Fax on Sunday. We'll just have to see what happens won't we.....  ;)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:09:39 am
I dont see why your complaining havenchamps were unbeaten so far, we have a great squad and DR is doing his best to fit 4 hookers in to a team of 17, id like to see how you would put them in. As far as im concerned Lester should be in the 17 he might be old but he still has the brains and his passing game is still one of the best around. I think we should wait till sunday and if sice isn't in the squad to play fax then DR isn't sticking to his rotation policy and something might be going on behind the scenes but until then lets wait.

Offline havenette

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:14:19 am
i would have to say that sicey will stay for the the club and his family.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2007, 02:06:08 pm
one phrase comes to mind united we stand divided we fall now i decline to make a vote because its aload of ****

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:16:03 pm
we all know who the best hooker at the club is and his name is CARL SICE

i am sorry but after reading all the last 3 forum threads this has finally got to me!!
carl sice is not the best hooker at the club, but he is one of the best players!!
carl sice is not a good passer off the ball, FACT, and he does not create alot of little plays around the ruck for our bigger forwards to gain more ground and get a roll on like matty and lester do. this is a hookers job, a hooker is a play maker to the forwards, and a ball distributor  to the 6&7 for the outside backs to work off. at playing this role sice is not in the same league as lester matty or smith! so get ur facts right!! and put your dummy back in!!!

however.........

i agree that sice is an excellent player and the one single player who i would look to to win us a match from the bench, he is an excellent player and can pull us out the S**** from time to time! which is why he is worth his place in the 17 every week, but as an impact player, against tiered defences which make him more efective at beating a man and making a break!

summary;
sice excellent impact player!!
not the best all round hooker in the club!!

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:59:07 pm
CORRECT

could not some it up better