HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Flat attacking line?

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
on: 27 Mar 2007, 04:51:40 pm
The flat/shallow attacking line seems to be creeping more and more into rugby league, can anyone tell me the advantages of it?  I think with a back line like ours running from deep we would tear most teams in NL1 to shreads, even just backing up/running along side the forwards looking for an offload would prove fruitfull, can't understand why we don't do it apart from on set plays!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2007, 04:57:00 pm
I agree Jaypeet, im impressd with how gary has become more attacking and he will score more tries this season but like you say if our backline attacks from deep or if we have players backing up we would score alot more.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2007, 05:04:07 pm
It just seems to make more sense to me.  I mean it actually leaves some guys back too, in case the ball is turned over quickly!  But I've noticed some SL teams doing the same thing so there must be some advantages?  The only advantage I can think of is that players won't get as much speed up, so are less likely to get injured.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2007, 10:10:46 pm
but players wont brake the line as much if they dont run from deep as they wont have as much speed and power
haven till i die