HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Poor Crowd

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:05:02 pm
Got to say i was disappointed with just over 1900, what do the people and fans want? 2 games from our 3rd consecutive GF and people still stay away.

No doubt if we win next week, the so called die hards will be back for the GF glory:(

TW

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:11:07 pm
I have to agree, look at the crowd at the Castleford game last season? Do you think the fact that it's common knowledge we can't get promoted has had an impact on the crowds?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:16:21 pm
i thought before they read the attendance out that there was about 2,300 easily there but i was wrong

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:21:00 pm
I  think  there  was  more  than  1900.  Don't  forget  teams  share  the  gate  receipts.

IMO  there  was  more  like  2400

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:39:53 pm
whitehavenRLforever, you are not suggesting that Haven are deliberately avoiding paying the taxman are you?    Why else would any club show a lower gate figure?   I think you should just accept that there are not as many people attending as you would like.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

100% haven mad!!!

Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:50:26 pm
wait and see all the glory hunters coming along to the grand final if we beat widnes. we couldn't get a gate of 2,000 today but any bets if we get to the final we could take well over 2,000.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:56:05 pm
wait and see all the glory hunters coming along to the grand final if we beat widnes. we couldn't get a gate of 2,000 today but any bets if we get to the final we could take well over 2,000.

it aint write marra they take tickets of the fans that go all year round and then they are left watching the match from home when they have been there all year round and they turn up when we do well

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2006, 08:53:23 pm
Its all about the teams you are playing. If your playing a team the fans think you will hammer n will be a walk over they wont come because of the fact it would be a one sided game.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2006, 11:06:20 am

it aint write marra they take tickets of the fans that go all year round and then they are left watching the match from home when they have been there all year round and they turn up when we do well

I'm  off  to  the  game  myself.  Just  wandering  though  to  get  on  the  supporters  bus  do  you  still  need  an  ID  card

Offline CumbrianPip

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2006, 11:09:02 am
whitehavenRLforever, you are not suggesting that Haven are deliberately avoiding paying the taxman are you?    Why else would any club show a lower gate figure?   I think you should just accept that there are not as many people attending as you would like.

Perhaps (just perhaps) yes...though I suspect it may be something to do with the colossal amount of Complimentary Tickets that people seem to get their hands on...  I have seen...or should I say heard, surprisingly "low" attendances at other clubstoo, when I would have put money on there being more at games...

Mentioning complimentary tickets, I wonder how many Complimentaries are in fact frittered away to the public that should be paying...

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2006, 12:13:32 pm
i thought there was more there than the official attendance also.
But we were only playing Batley so that might explain why the crowd was down.
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #11 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:24:26 pm
Defo thought there was more than 1900 there yesterday, I guessed around the 2400 mark before they annouced it. Everyone should try and bring people along, I brought5 people who would not normally attend matches, if they like what they see they will be back! ::) ::)

Hope we take plenty to Widnes at the weekend!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:27:08 pm
yer i deffo think there was more there , cant wait for next week ...bring it on!!!

Offline Shersh00

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 25 Sep 2006, 02:55:12 pm
There were more than 1900 in the ground on Sunday, but probably no more than that paid !!!!  The number coming through the gate without paying was very noticeable. 

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:00:30 pm
How come people were getting through the gates without paying?????
Can't stand Jam, eh!