HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Crowd

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 05 Oct 2006, 10:18:23 am
Maybe organise a choir practice prior to the game against the scum
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 05 Oct 2006, 11:00:55 am
yer there was more haven fans than that there was a good lot of free tickets handed out in the pub  ;D ;D ;D saved me a penny or too  ;) ;) ;)

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 05 Oct 2006, 12:00:14 pm
ye i agree the atmosphere at the recre has been very poor. lets get the atmosphere we had at widnes down at the recre week in week out. UP THE HAVEN!

haven1985

Reply #18 on: 05 Oct 2006, 01:08:15 pm
 :'(   Well if all of the sheep would come down instead of just going to big games we could make some noise like that. I always here singing cumin from the popular side and i myself sumtimes have a sing rather when im in the kells end or the railway end..
So please all you arm chair supporters get involved instead of people thinking we have a poor singing crowd.

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 05 Oct 2006, 03:09:20 pm
wel sed haven1985. we couldnt even get 2000 dwn wen we played batley bt say we had beaten widnes and only been given the 3000 tickets all the part timers wud of soon started to complain

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2006, 06:58:52 pm
I think all us fans have a responsibilty to our club for bring new fans down too, I always try and get people I know to cmoe along to the games.. we need more advertising too.. an advert on the back page of the Haven news for each game. Details of whats on and any entertainment in the bar afterwards.. plus anything that is going on for the kids... What about posters in the pubs..Im sure the lottery collecters could drop them off when picking up money etc..
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2006, 09:42:27 pm
I think all us fans have a responsibilty to our club for bring new fans down too, I always try and get people I know to cmoe along to the games.. we need more advertising too.. an advert on the back page of the Haven news for each game. Details of whats on and any entertainment in the bar afterwards.. plus anything that is going on for the kids... What about posters in the pubs..Im sure the lottery collecters could drop them off when picking up money etc..
i would b happy to put posters round in pubs etc or even dish out leaflets

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 05 Oct 2006, 09:56:15 pm
We just need more of the people who go to a few games a year to try and get to a few more swell the crowd up and also our own bank balance.
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline Broadbent 1

• Academy Star
  • Gary Broadbent Best Fullback in NL1
Reply #23 on: 06 Oct 2006, 04:36:49 pm
i agree with haven 1985 on the part time supporters thing but if it wasn't for a lot of the "part timer's" we wouldn't have had the atmosphere we had at widnes
Gary Broadbent Haven Legend

havenchris

Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2006, 07:50:41 pm
The atmosphere at widnes had nowt to do with anyone being partime supporters,Its to do with everyone being together in same area and many many having a drink before game,enjoying themselves and making a day of it.
If 1200 people went bar at recre before game..I sure there's be plenty of noise at hoome too ;D

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 08 Oct 2006, 10:34:19 am
if only it could fit 1200 , how good would that be!!
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:06:12 pm
Would be good if some of the part time fans did come down more often but like Haven Chris said part time or not were all Haven Fans and any support at all is great for the club!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:32:59 pm
Would be good if some of the part time fans did come down more often but like Haven Chris said part time or not were all Haven Fans and any support at all is great for the club!

Alot of the fans can't afford to go every match, they have families to support which comes before rugby.
To call them part time fans is disrespectful i know of lads who never missed a game for 10 year till they had families and can only go to odd games because of the money.
A fan is a fan no matter how many games they attend

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:26:05 pm
I don't think Haven Crazy is having a go at those who can't afford to go, just those who can go if they want to but choose not to when it's not a big game.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 10 Oct 2006, 11:02:52 pm
apart from those who cant afford to go to every game
i just cant understand why anyone would want to miss a game!

come on folks, its your HOME TOWN club!!!!!!!!!!!!!

show some pride in the name whitehaven!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good