HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven v Town (26.2.12) - Your Thoughts?

Offline vaselino

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:01:59 pm
Garna b a lang season if this is what we can expect week after week. Surely next week the players who are yet to get a game must be included in the squad. Well done town, they probably wont get an easier result all season a say.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:02:20 pm
Just imagine if we had our strongest team playing too. It could have been seventy. That was so easy. Anybody seen choccy?

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:02:53 pm
Don on radio.... Not too disappointed  :o

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:05:09 pm
Don on radio.... Not too disappointed  :o

I listened, but at least put his comments in the context he meant rather than posting 3 words. He did explain what he meant .
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline RonnietheRhino

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:05:33 pm
Lets look at the clues? Town were without several of their new signings which I have had on good authority for several weeks that they have been holding these top players back for the start of the season and we still have forty odd points put on us.
 Two camps don't help matters, them down the road and us up here. We can be world beaters against the whipping boys last week but lets get a reality check they don't come any easier than that. Bit of heart and soul makes all the difference against the bigger boys

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:06:45 pm
The diference in Dons interview was sysmic..reckon he knows he has big problems what the players as saying in the changing room and doing on the training pitch are cleary different to whats happening on the field ...and that is a coaches worst nightmare.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2012, 05:10:16 pm by Boxer »

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:16:55 pm
absolutely disgusted with that, and instead of naming and shaming don, i would expect at least 3 players to be shown the door.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:17:26 pm

If we feel bad now imagine how Town must have felt when we put 76 on them not too long ago.

We WILL come good.

Keep the faith.
i admire you positivity collier, but by getting beat by town things must be really bad.least they never nilled us  ;)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:20:23 pm
said before the game town would load then bench with forwards and try to steam roller us and thats what they did.Hats off to them they deserved to win and by that score as well.As for our players yet again daft mistake, kick a 40/20 and knock on first tackle, knock on from scrum in their 20, we had loads of posession in there 20 m but i bet didn't get to last tackle on many of them.It took 2 sin binings to spark us and into life and we look good for about 10 mins but that was it
bench was way too light today to combat towns pack and that along with not doing the basics  killed us

well done town a well deserved win, think carter may get a couple of games for running in punching very lucky to stay on the field
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:20:35 pm
Don's first words were something along the lines of 'well I didn't see that coming'. Well I'm sorry but we were pretty poor last week and anyone with any sense expected Town to win today, probably not by that margin though. Some of the travellers clearly are not good enough and we have players walking away from the club that are significantly better than those that the coach is choosing to field.

Don also said that he isn't particularly bothered about next weeks result, its to be hoped that the fans who pay his wages don't think the same way!!!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:24:19 pm
Well I count this as five competetive matches not three and we have seen a betterish second half against Oldham and Leeds after that there is nothing to show, I think we need to stand up and realise that we are at the moment SIMPLY NOT A GOOD SIDE! 1 - 13 couldn't perform the basics of RL so I needn't comment on any particular aspect they were just bad at everything. Town played with confidence and clearly wanted to win from the kick off. We are playing rubbish and if as is posted above Mr.Gailer was not too dissapointed well we were at different matches.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:25:02 pm
Wonder what news and star back page headline will be. Probably "TOWN SECOND STRING DESTROY HAPLESS HAVEN"

Offline Snowdrop

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:28:33 pm
Listening to Don's comments about not being to disappointed and then saying he's not to bothered about next weeks game against Barrow, he obviously doesn't think much of the fans.

After the Hunslet game he compared the players to under 12's, well I think the players need to go and train with a local under 12 side and learn the basic's again - like how to tackle, pass and keep hold of the ball!
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2012, 05:30:34 pm by Snowdrop »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:30:00 pm
Score flattered us done well not to concede 50 simply overpowered by a bigger faster pack

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:30:14 pm
If that is correct that our coach is not too bothered about next week's game against Barrow then I for one would have to say I can't support his attitude, whatever has happened to the Aussie "win win win mentality?" If he is not too bothered how can he expect out journeymen let alone our locals to perceive what's going on, are we really saying with a week to go before another local derby IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER ? I really am worried if that is the prevailing attitude at the club at coaching level.