HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven v Town (26.2.12) - Your Thoughts?

Offline vaselino

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:30:46 pm
Wonder what news and star back page headline will be. Probably "TOWN SECOND STRING DESTROY HAPLESS HAVEN"
" HAPLESS" is bieng far too generous a tell thee.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:32:38 pm
I went to the game, pathetic a town team missing 5 good players out played haven today. The team is 100 times worse than this point last season.
Bring back seedsy
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #32 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:34:07 pm
If that is correct that our coach is not too bothered about next week's game against Barrow then I for one would have to say I can't support his attitude, whatever has happened to the Aussie "win win win mentality?" If he is not too bothered how can he expect out journeymen let alone our locals to perceive what's going on, are we really saying with a week to go before another local derby IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER ? I really am worried if that is the prevailing attitude at the club at coaching level.

Listen to the full interview on iplayer, and here the context in which he said what he said, its all too easy posting 1 liners as some are doing
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:34:31 pm
Don on radio.... Not too disappointed  :o

I listened, but at least put his comments in the context he meant rather than posting 3 words. He did explain what he meant .
[/quotedid don say I'm not too disapointed

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:35:39 pm
At the end of the day Town played as a team today, played for each other and they all new what they wanted from todays game and they got it, Dons next step should be a sit down meeting with all the players and ask them if they have a problem with him or his  coaching methods as they don't seem to be playing for him, secondly all players will now train at Whitehaven, if this is problem for any individuals they should be released and wished good look for the future.

Offline Chris

• Academy Signing
Reply #35 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:37:30 pm
We can't attack until we learn to keep hold of the ball, catch when it is thrown to us and not drop it. We need forwards, we can't blame a fullback or the halves for particularly bad gamesuntil our forwards take some of the pressure off them.

Offline Havenboyy

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:39:55 pm
anyone got a link to the interview after the game?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:44:19 pm
At the end of the day Town played as a team today, played for each other and they all new what they wanted from todays game and they got it, Dons next step should be a sit down meeting with all the players and ask them if they have a problem with him or his  coaching methods as they don't seem to be playing for him, secondly all players will now train at Whitehaven, if this is problem for any individuals they should be released and wished good look for the future.
good post,we are never aggressive enough against town and let them get away with cheap shots which are always never seen by the ref.calverts sin binning was a disgrace and carter should get 2 matches at least for that.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:51:38 pm
I'm sorry choccy but all doran done for 80 minutes was put cheap shots in, oh and get sat on his back side by towns superior players. Town were better in every aspect, and I would be pretty embarrassed by that performance. You were crap end of.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:54:57 pm
I'm sorry choccy but all doran done for 80 minutes was put cheap shots in, oh and get sat on his back side by towns superior players. Town were better in every aspect, and I would be pretty embarrassed by that performance. You were crap end of.
swings and roundabouts wonky, i see you never commented on rambo carter running in throwing punches that must be acceptable in your standards then.we will have our day and you know it you never can nill us though.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 26 Feb 2012, 05:55:30 pm
good post,we are never aggressive enough against town and let them get away with cheap shots which are always never seen by the ref.calverts sin binning was a disgrace and carter should get 2 matches at least for that.
Both were as bad as each other to be fair
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Snowdrop

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:01:33 pm
I don't think the coaches comments have been taken out of context, he wasn't happy with the performance but he definitely said I'm not that disappointed, the players are more disappointed than me.
He also said the league is more important than next weeks game and he will give some different players a chance. Well we've played 6 games already and not exactly set the world alight, he should take next weeks game seriously and get a winning culture started at the game. He can't  be saying we'll be better for the league because I can't see where 'better' is going to come from.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2012, 06:04:49 pm by Snowdrop »

larlad

Reply #42 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:02:55 pm
yet again chocky you have to gob off. yeh you lot niled us but at the time we were ,nt saying we going to walk the league .or out like that .end of day yet again haven were crap .good luck for season cos you going t need it .

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:05:37 pm
IF haven10 keep playing that pack they will have a job to finish in the top 4. pluse all the team are to light weight.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 26 Feb 2012, 06:07:32 pm
yet again chocky you have to gob off. yeh you lot niled us but at the time we were ,nt saying we going to walk the league .or out like that .end of day yet again haven were crap .good luck for season cos you going t need it .
yet again i,ll say what i want so shut it,we are playing shocking but hardly getting tonked 28 points aint tonked its l beaten as you were last week by barra and previously sheffield if your happy beating us fine that wont get you promoted as there are better teams in the league than us at the minute.